Any Cafeterias Left In Your Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: pkunk
160 miles to Alb., NM and we have a Furrs. Sometimes good, others, not so.
I liked going to Furrs Cafeterias in Albuquerque in the fifties and sixties. One out at Wyoming and Menaul.

Well then definition that only leaves the cafeterias that would be at the universities like UNL, Neb Wesleyan or union College or SCC. Of course the Air guard base has a cafeteria as well, but one must be active duty or retired to eat there. Ben retired since 2013 and have zero desire to ever set foot in a military DFAC or cafeteria. The public can pay and eat there if they wish. I just imagine that for the most part the public has little desire to take the family to a college cafeteria.

Is this about mall, educational and penal facility, hospital, or IKEA cafeterias? Those are everywhere and generally, their offerings range from meh to ack. However, we have a few pubs that have very good hofbrau style food, and which are open well into the am.

Originally Posted By: vavavroom
Is this about mall, educational and penal facility, hospital, or IKEA cafeterias? Those are everywhere and generally, their offerings range from meh to ack. However, we have a few pubs that have very good hofbrau style food, and which are open well into the am.

Nah, this is about the good, old-fashioned cafeterias.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
K-Mart had them and they had decent food. Always people in them. Zellers did as well as they took over the K-Marts around here. Now Zellers is gone and so are the cafeterias.

I missed the Woolco one. I liked their fries as a kid.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
K-Mart had them and they had decent food. Always people in them. Zellers did as well as they took over the K-Marts around here. Now Zellers is gone and so are the cafeterias.

I missed the Woolco one. I liked their fries as a kid.
I forgot about Woolco, ya they had them as well. That goes back quite a number of years since Woolco was in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back