Another record temp in Phoenix.

I have no idea what it's like to experience that kind of heat with low humidiy. Am I missing out?
Its interesting, we got into 105F with a bit of a wind in Australia for a couple days. Combined with a bright sun and you can't touch anything metal or paved. And you start to question how can AC be working in your vehicle and everything plastic or rubber under the hood must be melting down as well...
In the mid and low 90's we could still go mountain biking in the woods without really over heating, we just drank lots of water! Above 100F though and the thought of exercise seemed like a really bad idea!

I have no idea what it's like to experience that kind of heat with low humidiy. Am I missing out?
I've been in it... its better than being on the Gulf Coast in the summer, especially if you can get out of the sun

Is a temperature measured over sand and rock at an airport truly reflective of the city temperature ?

There can be as much as a 10F difference between the temperature at my house and the city 10 miles away. It's cooler at my house. But my house isn't surrounded by buildings and pavement.

one of the best ways to measure the hot weather misery factor is by the Wet Bulb Temperature which is just a fancy way of saying the maximum cooling effect of evaporation.. 110 in AZ but the Wet Bulb Temp might be 65... versus say New Orleans in summer, 92 degrees but Wet Bulb reading is 80.

85-90° in Kansas City today. Then rain for 6 days straight. 30° cooler by the weekend. 5° cooler each day on average.

Back