Another ATF question... I aplogize

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2003 Santa Fe. It has around 211K miles on it now. I've done a drain/fill with Hyundai SPIII ATF every 30K miles since I bought it used in 2005. It still shifts perfectly. Some will advise you to switch--and you may have good results. All I can tell you is what has worked for me. The ATF always appears to be in fine shape when I drain it so it seems like it is a decent enough fluid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
bardos said:
Jimzz said:
They are not that picky. I have used Valvoline maxlife in the last 4 Hyundai and Kias I did a trans fluid drain/fill on.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline-Max...Gallon/15125768

Even the Supertech Synthetic fluid will work fine and meets spec.

Many people throw shade @ fluids that claim to be appropriate for many manufacturers specifications.

It may not be a miracle fluid, it may simply indicate how similar all those 'magic fluids' from each manufacturers really are.

I would (and have) use Maxlife; I use it in a friends Tundra automatic

Agreed with Jimzz and Simple_Gifts. These Mitshubishi based transaxles are not fussy about the ATF present in the unit. Use a good full synthetic meeting the specs and you will be fine. There's nothing special going on in these units to warrant being fussy with the ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back