Another article showing concern in the housing market- yet the author may have lacked critical thinking

I could fix homelessness by banning the concept of public property.

They just offset elsewhere including in prison

Most entities for better or worse recognize homelessness is cheaper than the state dealing with the problem, prison, state housing or otherwise.

Unless your planning on an escape from New York scenario nothing I’ve seen mentioned would put a dent in homelessness.

Ph, your post is intriguing. I read an article of the top ten highest return for a landlord, and the top ten lowest return for a landlord.

Amoung the most profitable place to be a landlord were places like Shreveport, Louisiana and Peoria, Illinois.

Amoung the worst return in investment to be a landlord included San Francisco, Austin Texas, and Miami.

I was not expecting these type of results.
There are 2 different ways to be a landlord: to hedge for price increase and compete with home owners, or to be a slum lord doing minimum and collect monthly rents from people who couldn't afford to buy ever in their lives.

You break even competing with home owners to outbid you, praying that inflation would work in your favor in San Francisco, or you pray that section 8 would turn your bad tenants into good and you do just enough to make sure housing authorities are off your back, but you know your home is eventually worthless as it age like an old car. It is very hard to get a good return in between.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GON

Most entities for better or worse recognize homelessness is cheaper than the state dealing with the problem, prison, state housing or otherwise.

Unless your planning on an escape from New York scenario nothing I’ve seen mentioned would put a dent in homelessness.

This is a reminder for everyone who wants to regulate their way out of any social problem. You can decide the winner between producers and consumers artificially but eventually the math has to work out. Making it hard to be a producers and your consumers will not be able to find someone to provide for them, or the other way around by letting producers decide what they want and buy the laws, and watch the consumers go away instead of paying you what you want.

People keep calling Hong Kong cruel by allowing those "coffin houses" apartments, but guess what? They are the last resort before people become homeless, and per capita Hong Kong has way fewer homeless than say, San Francisco, with minimum standard this and minimum standard that, eviction ban this and eviction ban that. Guess what happen when people decided to not be a landlord and take the home back for owner occupied then sell it a couple years later, just to quit being a landlord?

A friendly reminder: even Soviet and Commie China has black market, and smuggling, because you can't regulate your way into financial stability.

Yes. In Jail unless the private property owner decided to allow them to remain.

5minuteslater.gif

New homeowners across the U.S. are confronting a rapid depreciation in their home values.

Daily I track property prices in 16 housing markets west of the Mississippi. Housing market is still smoking hot west of the Mississippi. It may be hot east of the Mississippi, but I don't track that market.

Houses continue to sell at record high prices, regardless of what an author writes. The only homes that are not going under contract shortly after listing are homes that are undesirable, or grossly overpriced. Bidding wars with multiple offers over listing prices happen daily for desirable homes.

Back