Amsoil SS 0w20 new formulation VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: benjy
Amsoil QUIETLY quit blowing the PAO horn + is likely substituting cheaper group III base oils, + only say oils are blended to meet a spec. i surely DO NOT trust them + QUIT using their good but OVERPRICED lubricants.

IF their NOACK levels are even close to what they claim, Amsoil MUST BE using at least some POE then, since it is almost impossible to get those NOACKs out of ONLY; GTL/Visom/other 3 pluses in those SAE viscosities.
confused2.gif

Give me a yr or so and I will have 3 UOAs for this oil for 3 completely different vehicles. 2010 5.7 Hemi, a 13’ 2.5 Subaru, and a 94’ 4.0 Ford V6

I'm at 4k on this oil now (well, not 0w20 but 5w30) and plan on another 2k or so followed by UOA

I believe this new formula is actually better. I think TBN retention will improve. One thing I like about Amsoil is overall they seem to be a little more transparent than others. But yes they do cherry pick with a lot of their tests, then again others do the same. Guess it's just the nature of the beast. I plan on continuing to buy Amsoil I'm still convinced their stuff is top notch. JMO

It's likely the SS line is using predominately PAO with maybe some III/POE. No one but Amsoil will know the base oil composition. The low NOACK indicates it's a IV/V oil. Looks good as expected. They're finally using a modern additive system. Notice the trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back