Amsoil Signature 0W20 8k Miles 2021 Jeep Gladiator

Here’s my second report. The report does show my previous sample as a comparison so it’s a little confusing to analyze. My fuel dilution has disappeared either my rings have fully seated or stopping my habits of long warm up idles in Minnesota winter or both. Overall I’m happy with this oil and may push 12k before changing this oil out.

IMG_0886.jpeg

Are those Fe levels within normal range for this engine? Everything else looks good.

iron, silicon, copper, all appear to be trending down this sample. So, we'll chalk it up to potential break-in wear for now. I really like those gladiators!

Both samples are from the same oil, right? It's interesting how driving 1180 miles increased the viscosity and eliminated the fuel dilution, without changing the oil. I guess when each sample was taken might matter (hot, cold, after long drive, after idling).

Both samples are from the same oil, right? It's interesting how driving 1180 miles increased the viscosity and eliminated the fuel dilution, without changing the oil. I guess when each sample was taken might matter (hot, cold, after long drive, after idling).
Same oil brand but two different runs.

Could the iron be high due to cold starts in extreme Minnesota winters?
It's also still a pretty new engine.

It's still wearing in, but I don't think there's a need to be concerned at this point. Engine break-in isn't a switch flip.

Could the iron be high due to cold starts in extreme Minnesota winters?
What racer12306 said IMO. Hard to say based on limited data. Next sample will hopefully help.

Here is a 3.6 with 62k with an Fe reading of 11ppm after 4,500 miles during winter.

Here’s my second report. The report does show my previous sample as a comparison so it’s a little confusing to analyze. My fuel dilution has disappeared either my rings have fully seated or stopping my habits of long warm up idles in Minnesota winter or both. Overall I’m happy with this oil and may push 12k before changing this oil out.

View attachment 158997
Looks ok, but, I would go shorter ocis until it's broken in. I would prefer to get the break in metals outta there more quickly.

Back