Amsoil PI. What is it really???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragboat. Did I say Otis? I meant Cooter!
wink.gif

I recently used fuel power in my lawn mower (Odis Beaver Fuel Power) because I hadn't fired it up in 2-3 years. The gasoline was that old also without any fuel stabalizer. So I added a small amount to the tank, primed the carb and it fired on the first pull and ran stronger than I ever remember it running. I know it's not scientific, but it certainly isn't hurting anything. Oh yeah, it used to blow lots of blue smoke when it started, but not this time.

I'm also using it in one of my vehicles to measure it's effect on fuel economy. Don't have the results for that test yet.

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
Does anybody really know what is in Amsoil PI and why it is so pricy (by fluid oz. not treat rate). Their MSDS shows that it mainly medium Naphtha. Is there something special about this stuff? I’ve been using it for about a year now. I have no idea if it really works as advertised. Is anyone informed about this. Molekule…Terry…

I wasn't sure if it would really work as advertized so I bought some to try out. I put it into my 92 toyota 4x4 pickup with the 22RE engine. I had been running the pickup with Chevron 87 octane unleaded for the past 7 years and so I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference. When I first purchased the truck I advanced the timing 2 degree's and the truck still ran well on 87 octane. For the last 5 years I have noticed a ping (detonation) with 87 octane gasoline. I tried 89 octane but it still detonated. On 90+ octane I had no problems. I was thinking of retarding the timing back to factory specs to get rid of the pinging but kept putting it off. I added the PI to the tank last November and have run through several tanks of maintenance levels in since. After the first tankfull with about 9 ounces for 17 gallon I noticed that the pinging went away. I have not noticed any pinging since on 87 octane Chevron. My guess is the PI removed a large ammount of carbon buildup from the heads/piston top and brought the compression ration back down to stock levels.

I guess running Chevron gas isn't enough to keep an engine running like new.

The truck has run synthetic since first oil change and an amsoil bypass filter with 10w30 amsoil since 13k miles. Bypass and oil drained at 25k mile intervals. I also used harddriver then mobil 1 filter specified for land cruisers instead of the wimpy stock filter. This filter is more the size of an FLA1 filter. Fill takes about 6.5 quarts. No makeup oil is needed during the 25k miles. Notice: I mounted the bypass filter vertically so that it would properly seperate out the water from the oil. Location is in driver front wheel well. Longest I have left the oil in was about 4 years. I was traveling weekly by plane and used to keep that truck at the airport during the week or weeks I was out of town. Only averaged about 6k miles a year mostly 40 miles one way 90% freeway. Sorry, no oil analysis to show for all those miles.

quote:

Originally posted by darrenc:
Does anybody really know what is in Amsoil PI and why it is so pricy (by fluid oz. not treat rate). I have no idea if it really works as advertised.

You know I really don't know what is in it, but I do have an account in El Paso that uses it exclusively for cleaning up cars that don't pass emmissions.

The place orders about 10 cases per month. They use the full treat rate, then has the car drive around for 3-4 days. Comes back and passes. I wish I had a before and after analysis of the emmissions, but since I don't live there anymore, it would be hard to get.

If your state/town does emmissions you can see for yourself the difference.

Also note that for best performance use the stuff for at least 1000 miles. First dose is 6oz/10gal. Then 1oz/10gal thereafter. I usually recommend that customers get 2 bottles to start.

Also if you have not used it in a long while you should see a significant increase in mpg.

I have used the PI consistently in 3 cars for years. I also tried the Neutra but in these engines I didn't expect to see anything and did not. Did PI make any difference over the years, I honestly don't know.

However, in my lawn equip I can say that I also use PI but when I added the Neutra I did see a noticeable difference in starting ability and smoothness of operation.

I used it in a 97 Maxima that had been well cared for and always had a good 93 octane fuel in it and moticed no difference. I stopped using it in that car.

I also tried it in a 90 BMW that had some issues with driveability and idle quality when I bought it with 130k on it. The Amsoil P.I smoothed it out considerably. I still use it in that car on every tank.

Is this the same fuel power everyone is talking about?

If not is this any good?

Power Fuel

Thundercords Home | Dealers | FAQ | What's New

The follwing paragraph is paraphrased from information given to Thundercords.

A nitro-methane based fuel addative that keeps nitro-methane mixed with petrol (gasoline) meaning the nitro will not settle or seperate. Compatible with all hydrocarbon or alcohol fuels and can be used for street or racing applications. Does not contain analine, kerosine, lead or acidic compounds. Will boost the octane characteristics of premium unleaded fuel to factory high performance and race engine requirements. The major resulting increase in horsepower when using nitro-methane is due entirely to the effect of its differing chemical composition on cyclic pressure at any engine speed, and the change in pressure-volume dependency brought about by its greater reactivity. This oxygen/BTU concentrate helps stop pre-ignition and detonation. Combustion chambers will run cooler and cleaner for more consistent performance.

Please note that this product is classed as "dangerous goods" and as such shipping can be problematic and/or expensive and/or slow.

Available in two versions: "Super Street" and "Max Race" (both pictured below). Each can (1 US quart, approx. 945ml) treats approx 38 litres (10 US gallons) of fuel, but can be used in lower or higher concentrations if desired - please read instructions carefully before use. Caution!: this product contains carcinogenic materials and can cause severe damage to paint.

ok so the pictures didn't turn out. they were the pictures of the quart cans of this stuff.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back