AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 0W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 10HP B/S in a Dixon ZTR and a 13HP Kohler in a John Deere and have used Amsoil 0W30, 5W30HDD and now 15W40 Amsoil Full syn. I have had zero engine problems and change the oil once a year. No top up at all using any of these oils. I was using the 0W30 in my Mazda and this was left over, and the 5W30 HDD and the 15W40 were left over from my 2 diesel trucks.
I would personally see no problem with the 0W40 Amsoil and would run it if I had it. JMO
cheers.gif

[ July 21, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Your best price to performance would be Amsoils 15w40. Which you can get under $5/qt.

If your running Amsoil in another vehicle, I would just use what that vehicle calls for. Ie, if your buying 10w30, just order extra for your lawn mower, that would save you money.

Regarding the 15w40 your area of the country doesn't really see that low of temps so the 14w40 would provide great year round protection. Other choices could also be the 10w40, either the Motorcycle stuff or the original AMO 10w40.

I just got a new riding mower witha B&S engine. It recommends 30W conventional or 5W30 & 10W30 for synthetics. I know that AMSOIl has a "Formula 4-Stroke Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 0W-40" that they recommend for mowers and say that it can be used in applications calling for 30W or 10W30. I guess I'm just wondering if the added viscosity of a 40 weight could adversely affect my new engine. I plan to switch to synth (of some sort) with the first oil change. Has anyone had experience with this oil? How is oil consumption? Would it be better to go with a 10W30?

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

mrdctaylor, I run my ATV on the amsoil 0w40 4stroke and it's great. I just got a new Husqvarna riding mower. As soon as I get 10 hours on it I'm going to change it out with the 0w-40. Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back