Amsoil 5w-30 Dodge Ram Gas 5.9 (360)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at this forum for about 7 months now. This is my last oil analysis done, I wish I had been reading this forum before I listened to the 1 year 25,000 mile Amsoil marketing program. I think the oil would have made it, but there are a lot of other circumstances that have to be looked at before you blindly move into an Extended Oil Change Interval.
8500 miles, oil filter changed at 6000 miles, 1.5 quarts added during the 8500 miles.
My Oil , Universal Averages
ALUMINUM 4 , 5
Chromium 2 , 1
Iron 37 , 25
Copper 7 , 10
Lead 16 , 12
Tin 3 , 4
Moly 12 , 21
Nickel 2 , 1
Manganese0 , 1
Silver 0 , 0
Titanium 0 , 0
Potassium4 , 1
Boron 21 , 23
Silicon 34 , 20
Sodium 53 , 9
Calcium 2494 , 1671
Magnesium651 , 332
Phosphorus920 , 800
Zinc 1143 , 1000
Barium 0 , 0

Sus Viscosity 68.2
Flash Point 310
Fuel 2.8%
Antifreez .11%
water 0
Insolubles .4%
TBN 2.1

Fuel could be high because the oil was changed in january and may not have been warmend up enough yet. I only drove it around the block 2 time and let run for 10 minutes at idel.

I'm not very good at reading these reports but your UOA looks pretty good to me given the time of year it was run.

The sodium and fuel are up because of the super cold temps up in WI.

But this is just me thinking out loud. I'm sure one of the more educated guys wil chime in.

Glad I found this forum too,for the same reason. I`m no expert but the combo of low TBN,some potassium(I think this is bad),anti-freeze,high insolubles,and high silicon indicate a problem. Hopefully your belly pan gasket and not something more serious. Hopefully someone more qualified will chime in, but it doesn`t look good to me. Good luck.

You have a coolant leak and excessive fuel dilution.... Both these problems have to be fixed before you can evaluate any oil in this motor.

I'd address the coolant leak first, since that will quickly corrode the lead off your main/rod bearing ....

Tooslick
www.lubedealer.com/dixie_synthetics

I see a lot of issues here.

A uoa will tell you nothing unless you get someone qualified like Dyson to interpret the results.

The oil should have been fine.

Fuel loading, presence of anti-freeze, etc.

I'd probably work with someone like Terry on this one.

This interval should have been a piece of cake for any good synthetic, especially with the makeup you added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back