Amazon deliveries a problem recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone
Originally Posted By: PimTac
It won’t stop me from ordering from them but I am getting the feeling that some of these newer contract drivers are the issue. Maybe I should apply?

Not surprising, they work those drivers to death with near impossible schedules.

No time for them to even stop somewhere and take a dump, so they have to go in the truck.

They have time to stop and use the restroom.....

I don't know, there was a video of one of these drivers taking in dump in someone'e driveway over the holidays.

The homeowner called the supervisor who came out to clean it up and was amazed how huge it was..
eek.gif

I may be wrong here but it is my understanding that many of these new Amazon delivery people are private contractors using their own vehicles.

Yes... usually Dodge Caravans with a magnetic sign on the door/side

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
I had one Amazon package delivered by a beat up unmarked primer gray van with missing hub caps.

lol.gif
13.gif
confused2.gif
48.gif

You see . . . I don't like the idea of my package being delivered by paper route type people.
I want my package delivered by a professional company like USPS, UPS, or FedEx.

Over the years of ordering products online, I've only had one package from Amazon that showed as "out for delivery", but never arrived. This was last November, and was to be delivered by the USPS.

Now The USPS delivers the wrong mail to me all the time. I have no idea how much of my mail gets delivered elsewhere, and I never see it.

It is complicated though; My address has only been the same for 20 years or so, and I am the start of a specific US Mail route..

UPS and FedEx seem to have no issues finding me.

I had a problem for two decades where fedex/ups/usps would deliver to the street version of our address (ours is a road, not street.)

One time I ordered a really nice pair of shoes, and the [censored] who lived at the street address kept the package. I went there in person but they wouldn't answer. Luckily the post office was involved and had everything documented so I got a refund. I still want those shoes now that I think about it.

I read some of those news stories although with all the fake news out there it’s hard to believe they can’t stop at a McDonalds for five minutes to use their restroom. I don’t know the details of their work contract though.

Around here I have seen a number of all white panel trucks. Someone told me they were Amazon. Again that may or may not be true.

Amazon's working conditions are horrible. Its documented in numerous outlets, OSHA, etc. One of the many reasons I use them as a retailer of absolute last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back