Amazing new photos of the U-2 Dragon Lady at work

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
The article speculates these are some of the last professional photos of the Dragon Lady at work before she becomes a museum piece.

[I]Blair Bunting[/I]

This is the first time I've seen the earth in the attitude indicator depicted in red. I wonder why it's red instead of the usual brown?

The article speculates these are some of the last professional photos of the Dragon Lady at work before she becomes a museum piece.

[I]Blair Bunting[/I]
That was a very good read. The photos are incredible. Thanks so much for posting!

[I]Blair Bunting[/I]
Awesome!
I wrote down the model of his watch looked like a TAG Monoco, worn on the outside of his space suit and I see he also took his iPhone with him. I have one of those ;) Not sure if I will ever have the Tag Monaco though.:(

I told my wife, it's also a shame we dont need these planes anymore, replaced by technology... almost sad. Sometimes I miss the analog world.

Last edited:
Awesome!
I wrote down the model of his watch looked like a TAG Monoco, worn on the outside of his space suit and I see he also took his iPhone with him. I have one of those ;) Not sure if I will ever have the Tag Monaco though.:(

I told my wife, it's also a shame we dont need these planes anymore, replaced by technology... almost sad. Sometimes I miss the analog world.

The U2 is just an earlier form of technology.

Having never been on a plane of any sort before….. who do I talk to so I can do this? Because this is so incredibly amazing and I’m jealous 😅
The article mentions these flights are reserved for dignitaries and multi star generals. It was a fear that this photographer made it but for some reason he was chosen. I don’t know anything about military personnel but I’d figure we have more than enough qualified photographers in the Air Force to take these pictures.

The article mentions these flights are reserved for dignitaries and multi star generals. It was a fear that this photographer made it but for some reason he was chosen. I don’t know anything about military personnel but I’d figure we have more than enough qualified photographers in the Air Force to take these pictures.
At a cost of $130,000+ per hour of flight they ain’t going to hand those out like candy… one can still dream 😅

Back