Amalie 0w40 SP

Wonder why this oil does not get much conversation on this site? It seems to be of the 0w40 flavor, and "full synthetic" and SP rated, but no one seems to using it? I recently dropped this into my suburban and 3500.

In the past, the only experience that I had was with mu 6.6 dmax that used a bit of oil..........used their diesel oil and noted a decrease in "consumption". My 3500 GMC gasser is quieter.....

Probably because for significantly less money you can walk into Walmart and buy a 0W-40 (or a 5W-XX with similar HT/HS) oil that also has several stringent manufacturer approvals. Or buy one on Amazon.
Depends on what you are looking for. Does the Amalie product use a SP/GF-6 add pack? If so, it is a better fit for gasoline FCA applications that call for the 0W40.

Depends on what you are looking for. Does the Amalie product use a SP/GF-6 add pack? If so, it is a better fit for gasoline FCA applications that call for the 0W40.
There area couple other 0W-40 API SP licensed brands at the same low price I mentioned, including Mobil 1 and a Pennzoil product.

The Pennzoil and Mobil options you speak of, are full-saps european oils. They are not intended to cover a SP/GF-6 application due to the SAPS levels.

This product meets or exceeds the requirements of:
API SP
API SN PLUS
API SN
ACEA A3/B4

The Pennzoil and Mobil options you speak of, are full-saps european oils. They are not intended to cover a SP/GF-6 application due to the SAPS levels.

Well the Amalie product isn’t GF-6 either per the API EOLCS Directory. Anything that’s Sequence A3/B4 is not low-SAPS per definition. I’m not sure where you get the idea that it would be.

It’s why I use Pennzoil Platinum Euro L in everything now.

That is my point.........SP rated not SN rated....the stuff I listed is SP 0w40, and beyond Amsoil, I cannot find another manufacturer who makes a 0w40 SP.

Well the Amalie product isn’t GF-6 either per the API EOLCS Directory. Anything that’s Sequence A3/B4 is not low-SAPS per definition. I’m not sure where you get the idea that it would be.

It’s why I use Pennzoil Platinum Euro L in everything now.
Without a VOA, it is hard to say with certainty - since like you said, we are venturing into unlicensed oil territory.

The M1 0W40 and PP 0W40 are products that are licensed for several full-saps EURO specs, so we know these two are full-SAPS oils. The Amalie may/may not be.

Without a VOA, it is hard to say with certainty - since like you said, we are venturing into unlicensed oil territory.

The M1 0W40 and PP 0W40 are products that are licensed for several full-saps EURO specs, so we know these two are full-SAPS oils. The Amalie may/may not be.
Great, but the post is a bout 0w40 in SP rating, not Euro or SN

I never see this brand anywhere. They seem ok and have a long history. They also make a Euro Full SAP line.

SP licensed? or meets/exceeds SP or any spec you want to list?

Amalie makes some good oils. If you want to use it, go ahead.

That mobil tripleaction link is for another country's marketing/products.

You can find what is available in the USA Mobil site here, and their flavors of 0w40:

Amalie is labelled 'high saps' here:

I've used the Amalie. Couldn't tell a difference in engine running when compared to Castrol, Pennzoil, T6, or Mobil1. I guess any 0w40 would do that when the car recommends 5w20. I'd recommend any of them.

SP licensed? or meets/exceeds SP or any spec you want to list?

Amalie makes some good oils. If you want to use it, go ahead.

That mobil tripleaction link is for another country's marketing/products.

You can find what is available in the USA Mobil site here, and their flavors of 0w40:

Amalie is labelled 'high saps' here:

I've used the Amalie. Couldn't tell a difference in engine running when compared to Castrol, Pennzoil, T6, or Mobil1. I guess any 0w40 would do that when the car recommends 5w20. I'd recommend any of them.

This product has the following approvals:
AVTOVAZ (LADA cars)
MB-Appoval 229.5
MB-Approval 229.3
Nissan Genuine Performances
Porsche A40
VW 502 00
VW 505 00
BMW Longlife 01

This product is recommended for use in applications requiring:
API CF
VW 503 01