Altrom (atm) branded parts from NAPA..

Altrom (ATM, Ultra 8) parts are rebranded oem supplier parts. See my picture as an example and notice the part numbers.. nsk is a oem provider for lexus/toyota pulleys. So is ntn but that's not important.. I realized this when buying sway bar links for my 01 tundra, the ultra 8 ones were insanely good quality and looked just like dealership ones. This pulley in my photo is for my 94 ls400 (yes i know, I have a great taste in vehicles ;) ......)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925_184156_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_184156_Chrome.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230925_184210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_184210_Chrome.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230925_185117_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_185117_Chrome.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
Good to know, thanks.

I recently bought that same pulley for an older Tundra. It's available branded as NSK from RockAuto for $26+shipping or Amazon for $34. Long part number is NSK 70SPPV0408DDUL.

Good to know, thanks.

I recently bought that same pulley for an older Tundra. It's available branded as NSK from RockAuto for $26+shipping or Amazon for $34. Long part number is NSK 70SPPV0408DDUL.
That's awesome! I'm still confused in the world of parts though. The pulley you and I bought for our toyota lexus products was made by nsk, (I thought they only made bearings? Not the pulleys itself, not my main point/question though) I am trying to source a quality drive belt tensioner pulley aswell, as the one I bought from napa is a "gates" with China stamped all over and seemed to have some play in it. I don't understand why I can't find a nsk tensioner pulley as I can with the idler pulley. Also the dummies on the forums say gates is the oem supplier, I call BS. I can guarantee a pulley that has china stamped 4 times on it isn't the factory pulley from our uz engines

That's awesome! I'm still confused in the world of parts though. The pulley you and I bought for our toyota lexus products was made by nsk, (I thought they only made bearings? Not the pulleys itself, not my main point/question though) I am trying to source a quality drive belt tensioner pulley aswell, as the one I bought from napa is a "gates" with China stamped all over and seemed to have some play in it. I don't understand why I can't find a nsk tensioner pulley as I can with the idler pulley. Also the dummies on the forums say gates is the oem supplier, I call BS. I can guarantee a pulley that has china stamped 4 times on it isn't the factory pulley from our uz engines
So gates items are usually not good for Toyota/Lexus. I have had poor luck with Gates hose fit and durability, as well as Gates serpentine belt durability on my Toyota vehicles. Gates most definitely is not an OE supplier for tensioners to Toyota.

Unfortunately, the only way to get a good belt tensioner is from the dealer. It looks like it may be a discontinued part though for your LS. Bummer.

On Rockauto, the picture for the Continental 49433 shows the casting as made in Canada. Probably mfg by Litens. I would roll the dice with that one before Gates. That picture guarantees nothing though, and it could just be an old picture.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I had to use one of their wheel sensors on a VW years ago, it was a case of this one or order online and no time, 10 years later it is still working fine. This is the best part $8 vs over $70 at the dealer, I figured if it gets through the winter and I have to replace it again in summer it was still worth it.

Back