All WAWA stations now sell E0 in S. Florida

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I was wondering why that was a search option on their fuel finder site.

But its just not worth the $$$, IMO.

I dont have ethanol issues including in vehicles that dont get fueled for 6+ months. Nor my low-use OPE that may get filled every other year.

Maybe for watercraft?
Do you drain the gas out in between those uses?

No.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I was wondering why that was a search option on their fuel finder site.

But its just not worth the $$$, IMO.

I dont have ethanol issues including in vehicles that dont get fueled for 6+ months. Nor my low-use OPE that may get filled every other year.

Maybe for watercraft?
Do you drain the gas out in between those uses?

No.

Do you use Stabil in them?

New WaWa station in Mt. Dora FL.

Attachments

• 533C9D9A-57F5-43AB-93B2-4589159FF188.jpeg
    533C9D9A-57F5-43AB-93B2-4589159FF188.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 51
Interesting, at my local Wawa E0 89 octane is usually 10 cents less than E10 89 octane. My Ram really runs well on it.

That's weird. Even when the price of ethanol is less than the cost of the base fuel, there's the issue that higher octane fuel is almost always priced higher. The ethanol is needed to bring certain fuels up to the pump octane rating. Most use blending pumps anyways, so it's going to be a blend of 87 and 93 based on that pump in the photo. Probably a 2:1 mixture since octane rating blends in a linear manner. It would actually be cheaper in that photo someone posted to just pump 2:1 the 87/93.

But for any number of reasons, ethanol does actually bring the price of the fuel down a bit for a given octane rating. It's a combination of the ethanol generally being cheaper (not always the case if the price of base gasoline is cheap) plus that it means that 90% of the fuel that's non-ethanol gasoline can be cheaper.

...and replacing E0 in the middle rows is 91 octane. This gives you the option of 87, 89, 91 and 93 in those rows. One opened down the street from us and is in the driving route to my son's daycare. I use it on occasion but wish it were TopTier.

That's weird. Even when the price of ethanol is less than the cost of the base fuel, there's the issue that higher octane fuel is almost always priced higher. The ethanol is needed to bring certain fuels up to the pump octane rating. Most use blending pumps anyways, so it's going to be a blend of 87 and 93 based on that pump in the photo. Probably a 2:1 mixture since octane rating blends in a linear manner. It would actually be cheaper in that photo someone posted to just pump 2:1 the 87/93.

But for any number of reasons, ethanol does actually bring the price of the fuel down a bit for a given octane rating. It's a combination of the ethanol generally being cheaper (not always the case if the price of base gasoline is cheap) plus that it means that 90% of the fuel that's non-ethanol gasoline can be cheaper.
Was at the Wawa today, ethanol free 89 was $3.50 and 89 E10 was $3.67. For reference, 87 E10 was $3.25

Back