All things equal...Mobil 1 versus pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Gokhan
You were asking how the linearity and molecular structure affected tribological properties.

No I wasn't...as I told you, I understand isomers and their behaviours, and what makes a base-stock "better".

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
despite your claims that branches and linearity have nothing to do with the tribological properties or vice versa.

Can you stop making stuff up ?
This is getting ridiculous...

Yes, it's getting ridiculous:

You started using the word linear some time ago, WRT to base oils...I countered that with the facts.

You continue to use it, and made up other technical sounding terms to try to paint a picture that doesn't exist, but sounds accurate to the gullible non technical...

If you want to sound technical and precise, be technical and precise.

When I post something technical and precise, then I get:

Ooohhhh-Kaaaaayyy.

Someone develops in "index" for a completely different parameter, using two completely different properties, and it somehow validates your BOQI ?

Laughable..

Even though you knew that I was explaining not the BOQI but what I meant by linearity and how it affected tribological properties such as the viscosity index (VI). And, yes, the VI is an important part of the base-oil quality.

Typical of you, rather than discussing something useful -- as opposed to posting pieces of tribological lectures you can find in any corner on the Internet -- you always try to turn the discussion into I'm right -- you're wrong -- I know it all -- you have no idea what you're talking about -- etc.
21.gif
It would be a lot more useful to actually try to discuss that great paper where they were establishing direct quantitative relationships between the molecular structure and tribological properties, as opposed to trying to ridicule the other's posts so that you can trash the BOQI or any other idea they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back