Akebono pads don't include hardware?

For the premium price of their pads, why no stainless hardware??

Is this the norm now?

Changing pads on the Impala, get to reuse old hardware. Awesome.

Might depend on application. When I used their pads for subaru it came with hardware.

Never seen the "hardware" wear out on a gm vehicle. I have seen those stainless shims bent wrong and not work though making you have to reuse the old ones.

I just put on a set of akebono ASP pads. They had double the hardware needed, but some of the springs to separate the pads in my app were tepidly weak. The GG pads have been in almost all ways, excellent. Good bite, more than enough stopping power, basically zero dust. Only area where they don’t excel IMO is pedal feel, they feel like wood, similar to the proACTs.

According to email response I received from the company, the hardware kits are application dependent. Not all applications have the hardware kits included. I stopped buying their pads as a result of this. I switched to Bosch Quietcast pads and I have been very happy.

Probably better to check what comes with your pads before purchase.
Perhaps better to forgo Akebono parts.
Every time I've bought brake pads the hardware was included. Ferodo,
Brembo, Pagid RS, OE BMW/Mini, OE VW/Audi, OE Porsche.

Yeah I grabbed these for our '08 F150 when AAP was blowing them out. No hardware
20240502_090743.jpg

It has probably been almost ten years now, but the Akebonos I put on a Pontiac Vibe didn't include hardware. Maybe I haven't changed enough brake pads, but I didn't expect anything but shims to be included.

I ordered an AC Delco hardware kit along with the pads. Compared to the factory hardware, the metal parts were flimsy junk. I used the bushings and boots, but reused the factory clips.

Back