Air Compressor Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you guys recommend for occasional use?

I want to be able to run air tools but I don't want to spend a ton of money.

So what size do I need and what are some good yet fairly inexpensive brands?

I have a makita oiled compressor. It is a dual-tank design, and runs on a standard wall outlet.

IMO, oiled is the way to go. This unit is well built, runs great, and is reasonably quiet. There is a similar unit made by dewalt (devilbiss (sp?)) that is sold at home depot.

COnsider getting a carry-around storage tank from home depot, and using that too. What you can do is put that in series with the air compressor to have more reserve capacity, and also then have a good wway to store air for doing tires, etc.

JMH

except for thomas oilless compressors. I have multipole in the lab and theyre really good and reliable. $$$ though...

You will want at least 4.5 cfm at a pressure level of 90-100 psi to run most air tools such as impacts, etc. without stressing it.

Oiled compressors are quieter and far more reliable.

You want the compresser to be at least 10 cfm at 90 psi The price would be around $500.00 to $750 . The ones that are at Home Depot work well There is nothing worst than a too small compresser .And IMO the really cheap impact wrenchs are a waste of money the Ingersol Rand I think the model number 231 is the untimate value in a super quality wrench.

Home Depot had a 60 gal oiled v twin for $399 [email protected] brother put one in his home garage and it works well even with a DA sander.It has the same model# as the vertical twin so i guess its the replacement,not all HD stores have it yet as they probably want to get rid of the old stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back