AI Boom in Private Sector

That's a very slick way of getting around the WSJ paywall. 👍

As for the article, what I can say after reading it is that the Chinese president has a tough road ahead with China facing a bunch of headaches like a property market mess, folks not feeling too confident about spending money, and some rocky vibes with the countries like the U.S. and countries that are part of the European Union.

The Chinese president and his government are trying to jazz things up with high-tech hopes, but it's not quite hitting the mark, especially when you look over at the U.S. and see companies like Nvidia blowing up big time, showing how the American way of mixing private innovation with risk-taking can really pay off.

Meanwhile, China is stuck trying to stir up success from the top down, but it's just not the same. Both China and the US are dealing with their own economic storms, but the US has a shot at lucking out thanks to America's knack for innovation, while China has to figure it out all on their own, due to their unique economic system.

Despite the incredible manufacturing prowess of China and any number of absurd Chinese technological claims, the USA remains a key player in technological innovation. Design it here, develop it here, and then make it overseas seems to be a decades long trend.

Of interest to motorheads here, AI has been used to help develop better EV batteries. Unfortunately, it concluded that we are already on the right track and that there won't be some amazing new super battery. Maybe a future AI will help develop something better....

Also of note, our society tends not to embrace technology in the same way as some other countries. We are decidedly lower tech in many areas. Seems not to matter one bit. Quite simply, I like living in the woods and don't need an online attic fan, or a computerized couch.

Design it here, develop it here, and then make it overseas seems to be a decades long trend.
The downside is the IP theft, counterfeiting, and "third shift" products that result from this process.

In China (and other countries) individuality is not encouraged. Instead, collectivism is thought from school all the way to university. This leads to a serious lack of original thinking and imagination, which impacts true breakthroughs and technological development in a negative way.

Despite the incredible manufacturing prowess of China and any number of absurd Chinese technological claims, the USA remains a key player in technological innovation. Design it here, develop it here, and then make it overseas seems to be a decades long trend.

Of interest to motorheads here, AI has been used to help develop better EV batteries. Unfortunately, it concluded that we are already on the right track and that there won't be some amazing new super battery. Maybe a future AI will help develop something better....

Also of note, our society tends not to embrace technology in the same way as some other countries. We are decidedly lower tech in many areas. Seems not to matter one bit. Quite simply, I like living in the woods and don't need an online attic fan, or a computerized couch.
The question is, do we have the will?

I work in healthcare and AI is a focus of many companies.

Apple, Amazon, HCA, etc…. are investing in AI.

I work in healthcare and AI is a focus of many companies.

Apple, Amazon, HCA, etc…. are investing in AI.
A huge opportunity for both the business side and especially the patient side. AI and an Internet connection could bring healthcare to so many new places. Continue to hone the algorithms with new medical technology, medicines and statistics data by geographical region.

This could alert the world to possible pandemics, etc.

Back