Aeroflow "Australian Designed" Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still curious about the aeroflow oil filters I emailed them to ask a few questions.

The answers I got are-
-The elements are a 30 micron synthetic media.
-The Z9 BPV is crack 8psi and fully open 11 psi.
-The 418 is crack at 11 psi and fully open at 14. I hope this helps mate.
-Also with 20/50 oil and at operating temperature there is less than 1 psi pressure drop from before and after filter.

I asked about beta ratios/percentage of particles removed but they couldn't/wouldn't give me that info.

Originally Posted By: Pterostylis
-Also with 20/50 oil and at operating temperature there is less than 1 psi pressure drop from before and after filter.

At what flow rate? To only have 1 PSI of delta-p, it's probably at only about 1 GPM.

Originally Posted By: Pterostylis
i asked about beta ratios/percentage of particles removed but they couldn't/wouldn't give me that info.

That's also why they didn't give an efficiency percentage with their "30 micron media" response.

Long time lurker - I had an account many years ago can't remember sign in.

Anyway have used a couple of these aeroflow spin on oil filters, last one I took off today had a silicon drain back failure which I had heard not working after 6000km, the silicon is looking very thin compared to the other one I used as well, not sure if production has changed. The spring was looking a bit iffy as well when you look into the filter. Won't be using them again they have recently skyrocketed in price as well around $25+ AUD. Can get the purolator one for $15AUD each delivered from amazon, that's what went on the car today.

Also looked at the ryco syntecs which remove 99.8% of contaminants based on ISO 4548-12 @ 25 micron. I think that is similar to the purolator boss. From what I have seen and read the purolator one is the most efficient with synthetic blend 99% at 20 micron and with good flow. Its running on a 550hp Ford XR6 Turbo.

The ryco syntec and the aeroflow are both over $25AUD now as well, crazy.

Last edited:
Per Purolator, the Boss is 99% @ 40μ. I called them awhile ago and that's what they told me. They don't show it on their website last time I looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back