Aerobase metal model plane kits

These kits by Aerobase from Japan keep showing up at the office for some unknown reason. Someone has to build them, I suppose. It's fiddly but doable. They are 1/150 scale and mostly between 1-1/4 and 2-1/4 long. The steel parts come on steel sprues and you need tweezers and C/A adhesive for assembly. A steady hand helps. One model has a motorized base that makes the plane go round and round. There's a dirigible on such a motorized base and I haven't built it yet. I thought some of you might like to see these models.

Last edited:
Very cool. Very nice detail, as well. What size is the dirigible?

I bought a 747 miniture in Maine while going to my daughter's graduation. This was about 10 years back. I lived in Everett, WA at the time. I worked on the 747 floors for about 15 mths back in 1999. I got laid off, but hated the job anyway.

But I love the 747. Kind of ironic for me to work in Everett, WA on the 747. But buy the little 747 on the East Coast. I guess that speaks of the legendary status of that plane.
I just looked it up it is a Metal Earth 3D 747, about 4 inches long.

Very cool. Very nice detail, as well. What size is the dirigible?
The evelope is about 1.5 inches long. 1/160 scale.
I bought a 747 miniture in Maine while going to my daughter's graduation. This was about 10 years back. I lived in Everett, WA at the time. I worked on the 747 floors for about 15 mths back in 1999. I got laid off, but hated the job anyway.

But I love the 747. Kind of ironic for me to work in Everett, WA on the 747. But buy the little 747 on the East Coast. I guess that speaks of the legendary status of that plane.
I just looked it up it is a Metal Earth 3D 747, about 4 inches long.
Earth Metal makes the same kind of kit. They are laser-cut. Come to think of it, I presume the Aerobase kits are also laser-cut. Etching is less common now.

Back