Advance Auto Parts hires Blackstone, explores sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised. They're juicing the market share with coupons that will expire without technically raising every day prices.

Looks like our amazing deals might be coming to an end soon, if the new owners decide the online savings are too much of a loss. (I personally don't understand how they can be making money off items that are already on sale + discounts from online codes = SUPER CHEAP STUFF).

I hope nothing changes though as i love AAP.

I'm curious how these coupon sales are affecting the stores. I picked up a Mother's clay bar kit the other day and used some coupon code to buy it on my phone while I was down the street. I mentioned to the guy at the counter that I just placed it, and didn't think they had it pulled yet (they actually did...good store this one). Then he asked how I liked using the website, and I said it works fine and I use it to take advantage of coupon codes.

In a rather "you are putting us out of business" manner, he told me that the stores don't get credit for those sales and that they are all centralized through AAP corporate, so that is why they can offer the coupons the stores can't. The way he said it made it seem like store management doesn't like the arrangement for whatever reason (he may have been a manager himself), so I wonder if it is becoming a problem.

Last edited:
I hear O'Reilly's wants into New England,by purchasing a regional chain.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I hear O'Reilly's wants into New England,by purchasing a regional chain.

I do not doubt it. Of course whatever chain they buy, that name will disappear and they will all be re-branded O' Reilly's.

They did that to get a foothold in Texas back in the 1990's when they bought out the "Hi/LO" auto parts chain.

Isn't this SOP for these chains? Give lifetime warranties for everything they sell, then sell themselves to get out of the lifetime warranties while running everything the same under a new name?

what kind of killer aap deals you guys talking about, just the typical 40% off? The 40% off brings them close to rockauto prices, but still not better than rockauto or nos ebay parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back