Adding ester oil to engine oil DIY idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what mixing in an ester oil can do for engines. They call it the "lubrication system of the future."
Ester oils really are that good for engines. The future though is what people will market and then buy.
Well color me surprised. Who knew mixing in an ester oil could create lots of marketing material that appears to say much, but actually says very little if anything at all?

I particularly liked this excerpt from that page

Note: International Lubricants, Inc. does not compare, endorse, or advise comparison of any brands of motor oil on the basis of these tests.

So they say these tests should not be used to compare products......but wait, their product is so good in comparison based on these tests.

Well color me surprised. Who knew mixing in an ester oil could create lots of marketing material that appears to say much, but actually says very little if anything at all?

That marketing material, if you actually read it, makes very specific, scientifically validated claims, and backs them up. It actually says quite a lot if you read it.

I particularly liked this excerpt from that page

So they say these tests should not be used to compare products......but wait, their product is so good in comparison based on these tests.

It does not say that at all. It says the very specific test they are citing is not an endorsement of the brands of motor oil in the test. It's in black and white if you read it.

Here is what mixing in an ester oil can do for engines. They call it the "lubrication system of the future."
Ester oils really are that good for engines. The future though is what people will market and then buy.
Last I checked Lubegard didn't market their Bio/Tech as a compressor oil; regardless of soluble moly or esters.

It does not say that at all. It says the very specific test they are citing is not an endorsement of the brands of motor oil in the test. It's in black and white if you read it.
So where it says "these tests" it means one specific test.

And where it says "....does not compare, endorse, or advise comparison...." they only meant does not endorse and do compare and advise comparison.

Gotcha ;)

I am thinking add in 15 or 16 ounces, not run the engine on pure ester oil.
The description says it mixes with mineral oils
So get the ester oil benefit at lower cost.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW:
ONE OIL FOR ALL APPLICATIONS An all-natural Ester oil, that contains additives which give it the ability to lubricate and protect the system at the same time Can be added to aIn their SDS it specifically says this:
In their SDS it specifically says this:

Section 1. IDENTIFICATION Product Name: ESTERCOOL OIL
Product # 2408-2432-2439-2455
Product Use : LUBRICANT FOR AUTOMOTIVE AIR CONDITIONING

Can't get much "plainer" than that:rolleyes:

In their SDS it specifically says this:

Section 1. IDENTIFICATION Product Name: ESTERCOOL OIL
Product # 2408-2432-2439-2455
Product Use : LUBRICANT FOR AUTOMOTIVE AIR CONDITIONING

Can't get much "plainer" than that:rolleyes:
Many things are used 'off label'. The label here means nothing negative for mechanical engine use. All that label says is what the product is sold for.
A compressor is very similar to an engine, both compress and pump things under high pressures and heat.
Missing 'x' additive package does not matter, ester oils eat dried hard carbon, soften seals, plate out and coat metal objects to reduce friction.
Your not using this ester oil exclusively. And I doubt this company makes their own base ester oil stocks, they get it from another oil company who will also sell ester oils for blending into other engine oils.

Last edited:
This ester oil would mix with engine oil regardless of the designed use. Not that I would use a lot mixed in. significantly cheaper than the Lubegard.

The ester mixes with the refrigerants, while R12 mixes with mineral oil and R134a with PAG. It's very important in AC systems to use an oil that mixes with the refrigerants. POE also mixes with R-1234yf.

In that scenario the oils don't need to mix.

A compressor is very similar to an engine, both compress and pump things under high pressures and heat.
Missing 'x' additive package does not matter, ester oils eat dried hard carbon, soften seals, plate out and coat metal objects to reduce friction.
Then you seriously need to study mechanical engineering, Ester characteristics, and Internal Combustion Engines. Have you fed a combustible hydrocarbon into a compressor? I think not. Fuel combustion creates all kinds of byproducts whereas a compressor only has to compress the incoming air.

Your analogies are not really analogies because you are cannot make scientific/technical comparisons between disparate applications.

Pouring this stuff into an engine does DILUTE the DI (additive) package which is there to prevent corrosion, oxidation, and wear.

You still have not given us a valid engineering/technical reason for adding this stuff to your engine oil, so until you do, further posting by you without a valid engineering/technical reason shows a complete lack of understanding of chemical and mechanical interactions on your part.

Last edited:
You should throw a can or 2 in your trans too. PAG oil is all ester so it will make your trans last 5 million miles and run 100 degrees cooler

I would.

But I have no idea how my certified & approved '93 vintage R12 cans would mix with my non certified & non approved Amsoil SS ATF & Amsoil SS 15w40.

Perhaps some kind soul in this thread would explain the mysteries of non certified fluids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back