AcDelco Ultraguard Gold

Purchased UPF61R, compared it to WIX 51522. Weight of Delco is 3.5oz more than WIX, Delco can thicker. Compared filtration of two, Delco Ultraguard shows better filtering.
Anyone try one out yet ?

Purchased UPF61R, compared it to WIX 51522. Weight of Delco is 3.5oz more than WIX, Delco can thicker. Compared filtration of two, Delco Ultraguard shows better filtering.
Anyone try one out yet ?
I got these in the late 90s… good filters.

They used to be better-I have the UPF48R on the Express on my sig. They used to be full synthetic media, but now are just blend media. Strong can, but I bet Bosch Distance Plus ones are stronger. IMO, not worth the premium price.

Didn't the ultraguard do well on the efficiency test that was done by someone here? Think ultraguard finished second to fram ultra

Didn't the ultraguard do well on the efficiency test that was done by someone here? Think ultraguard finished second to fram ultra
AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold efficiency drops off fast like a WIX XP. It's only around 63% @ 20u ... not great. I'd bet the original ACD Ultraguards were better.

Edit - Looks like the ACD Ultraguard is pretty good efficiency ... but still not as good as the Ultra or Royal Purple ... especially below 20 microns.

Last edited:
AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold effecincy drops off fast like a WIX XP. It's only around 63% @ 20u ... not great. I'd bet the original ACD Ultragaurds were better.

Report shows Wix XP & Purolator Boss droppin, not rage Delco ultra guard gold.
AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold effecincy drops off fast like a WIX XP. I'd bet the original ACD Ultragaurds were better.

Report shows Wix XP & Purolator Boss drop, not the Delco ultra guard gold.

Report shows Wix XP & Purolator Boss drop, not the Delco ultra guard gold.
Correct ... colors look real close on my monitor. See post #7 for update/edit.

"Looks like the ACD Ultraguard is pretty good efficiency ... but still not as good as the Ultra or Royal Purple ... especially below 20 microns."

The top performing filter was from ultra.99+%@20 um. Next was royal purple.then the Delco gold. I wonder where a pure one would be placed on that chart?
I'm running a gold now, upf47r. 3,300 miles.other fikters,oil is half black this mileage. Loomed at dipstick 200 miles ago,it was brown gold,not black. It is still filtering very well.
The old upf filters were synthetic.discontinued 1999-2002 era,I think. They should bring them back!

AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold efficiency drops off fast like a WIX XP. It's only around 63% @ 20u ... not great. I'd bet the original ACD Ultraguards were better.

Edit - Looks like the ACD Ultraguard is pretty good efficiency ... but still not as good as the Ultra or Royal Purple ... especially below 20 microns.

I agree 88 or 89 percent at 15 microns aint too shabby... Especially compared to what 3
25 percent or worse for the Wix XP or Boss. .

That's extremely poor for that kind of money they ask for them.

Back