Ac delco,carquest premium, napa gold efficiencys?

What would be the iso test efficiencys!?. I read,carquest.com, the blue-premium air filters,are 99% @20 microns.how about a.c. DElcos,and napa golds effeciencies!?

Haven't seen the data, but it looks like you live in a fairly damp, non-dusty climate. My buddy ran a 283 Chevy for 80,000 miles with no air filter at all (Northern Ohio area) and it was fine inside.

Wow!that was risky! Use never do that! Yeah it's more humid,summer months,and dry air,more dirty,January through end of march. Sand on street,snow,ect.pollen. Used to be much dirtier! Way back,1994? I bought a gram air filter,for a 85 Isuzu I mark hatchback. After a year maybe,looked at it,used n black.I drove all over the place,as a 20 year old.God only knows what the actual mileage was,I did on that. Last ca r with 4 years in air filter,fram...was a 95 neon I had. 2000-2013 then it badically,fell apart.the trim, everything.despite maintenance,and brake libes,headga skets,ect.car basically was just falling apart. The area I live,used to be dirtier.it's cleaned up a lot since.

I was watching project farms tests on air filters.wiz came out number 1. Then pureone.then a.c. DElco. Wrost,was k&n,fram...let too much powder throigh,or didn't stop it as good,over 1 minute of air flow. Wondeted,where napa gold,the bratwurst blue premium would fit,between the wix,and delco..

I once ran an old truck without the air filter for a few weeks and it was fine. I don't see the need for air filters.

🕵️‍♀️

If you want true efficiency comparisons, you need to contact or find the manufacturer's ISO 5011 efficiency info, and pay attention to what test dust (fine or course) was used in the test.

Example of the real way to compare air filters.
Thats a great test, have seen that before. I used to use k&n yeeears ago, but stopped after seeing alot of "dust" in intake piping. Years later I have seen quite a few ruined diesel engines, and many performance issues. Just had a couple year old Ram(6.7 cummins) last week, in for a MIL on, and low power. Low boost and intake restriction codes. Pulled out the somewhat dirty looking k&n and popped in a new OEM, and it was fixed. Customer wasn't happy as he had to pay.

My NAPA Gold for my 2016 F-150 is 2x as tall as the OEM filter. Much more filter media. Very impressed.

I'll admit I had great luck with K&N multiple times.

Yeah, it goes against the grain. Cleaned and oiled right? Never a dirty intake tract or oil fouled MAF sensors.

Literally and likely a case of too much isn't better? Enough filter oil for job, and weekly under-hood poking around.

So bored with it now I only check monthly on the dipstick, fluid levels, etc.

And no. I don't care what others think... Not a drop consumed between OCI's and still pulls like factory new. Yet I must disclose, I do live in a territory that I could open the lid on my goldfish tanks and let them swim off into the ambient atmosphere.

9:10 x I can swim to the driveway in the morning, so environment can be a huge factor.

Back