A revolver....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Discontinued already due to issues. Ruger is rushing products to market without proper QA.

I agree. This didn't happen with Bill Ruger running the show. In fact he was quite the opposite. People criticized him for taking far too long for bringing a new design to market. The Ruger Red Label O/U Shotgun among them. They were advertising that gun 2 full years before it actually became available. Bill Ruger wanted to be completely satisfied the investment cast Stainless Steel receivers would not crack where the trunnions were located. It underwent months of testing because of that.

Another was the Ruger XGI. Which was a .308 version of the Mini 14. It's production was finally completely abandoned by Bill Ruger, because he wasn't happy with some isolated cracking issues that turned up on receivers that had several thousand rounds through them. With Bill Ruger, if it didn't run right, or hold up well, it didn't get produced. Now Ruger is pushing too much new, untested product too quickly out the door. And they are quickly becoming the recall kings of the industry as a direct result.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
They make a real nice GP100 in .44 spl. Not sure why they didn't make it for magnum, since then you could do whatever you like.

I get it that it's not a redhawk in terms of build size, but I'd think it would compare favorably to the s&w 29/629 had they allowed it to handle magnum loads.

Discontinued already due to issues. Ruger is rushing products to market without proper QA.

Have a source on that? They still have the model 1761 up on their website.

Here's another revolver I'd like to have. I think this one is pretty obvious why...
smile.gif

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=0407&&index=0&mfg=Ruger&mdl=All&cat=All&type=Revolver%3a+Single+Action&cal=All&fin=&sit=&pid=&inv=

Last edited:
That is a beautiful looking revolver. I just wish they had produced it on a standard Super Blackhawk frame, and not a Bisley. I know the Bisley frame is better for absorbing recoil, but it looks just awful.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
What is that? Looks like they screwed in a left over barrel into the end of some existing gun.
21.gif

Funny

Originally Posted By: billt460
That is a beautiful looking revolver. I just wish they had produced it on a standard Super Blackhawk frame, and not a Bisley. I know the Bisley frame is better for absorbing recoil, but it looks just awful.

It is. There are also S&W model 22s out there done up with color case hardening like that and shoot .45acp.

Originally Posted By: Garak
.454 Casull should only be in single action, just for the heck of it.
wink.gif

DA way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back