A little nervous about Redline's recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Redline for a recomendation for my new Raptor 700 that I cross country race. I usually change the oil after every race weekend, maybe 5 to 6 hours on the oil. The engine is totaly stock, and will stay that way, don't need more power and it's reliable this way. Anyway, RL recomended their Racing 40wt. I responded by asking about Racing 30wt and again they said Racing 40wt and added that they've not had trouble with wet clutches and the Racing oils. After the next race, on the 18th, I plan to switch to the RL and am a bit nervous, I know there's lots and lots of moly in this stuff. Am I crazy for following their recomendation or have you used this oil in a wet clutch bike or quad with good results?

Thanks,
Chris

Redline's origanal niche market was high performance motor cycles! I would go with their recomendation!

I am still mug-wamping on the Jaso Reg. However, why would an OEM spec an oil that meets the Jaso spec? To protect the wet clutch? I know this will bring up debates.....but, I use Amsoil 0-40 in my Yamaha's and really like the weight as well as meeting the OEM's spec Jaso rated oil.

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
Redline's origanal niche market was high performance motor cycles! I would go with their recomendation!

I didn't know that, very interesting thing to know.

I bought a case of the Racing 40wt, I will try their recomendation and hope to stick with it. Redline should be just about perfect for this engine's purpose and oci.

Largecarman, I don't understand mug-......... Do you mean to say I should use a Jaso Ma oil or that it doesn't really matter?

I really don't ever us a Jaso Ma oil in any of my wet clutch atvs. Not really by design, just haven't had any negatives from using the same quality synthetic oils I use in my vehicles, mostly GC and Lubro Moly.

I understand; that term never made it down this far south. I'm no spring chicken and I've not heard it before.

I guess manufacturers recommend what they always have and what is conservative and what is accepted by the public; all of that being Jaso Ma spec oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back