A-1 Cardone or ACDelco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardone is not all bad, it really depends on the specific part. They are the service provider so to speak for GM's R&R program for obsolete modules. I know because when I call the number on the R&R form, it says to call another number, and they say "thank you for calling Cardone." I ship the parts to NJ and get them back within a week usually, so the work is being done there. They never say much other than just send it in and that there is an 80% chance they can fix it. They probably know me as the idiot with the POS 2000 Kodiak..they are very familiar with its PCM, not through any fault of their own. Cardone is like LKQ, all over the place and offering various grades of products through all kinds of channels.

The new Motorcraft part was obviously cost optimized to be similar to aftermarket, but didn't install without issue. The problem I encountered was the shaft that the gear is attached to was too long. The shaft is pointed towards the mounting plate for the motor, which was not recessed enough, so I had to grind down the shaft to make it fit. Just pulled a rear motor which had a long shaft so my guess is that the parts are interchanged for savings.

The only issue now (slight) is that the worn out window gear track does not match the new gear set and there is a slight chattering as I roll the window up and down.

I'd never had a Cardone motor last longer than a year. From what I've heard at O'Reilly, Cardone is no longer using remans but selling new Chinese motors for the same price with a core deposit.

I'll find an junkyard OEM motor first before buying new OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back