99 camry oil recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey SR5 Warren Oil 10w30 had a NOACK of 7.9% tested recently by PQIA. That was quite good as well.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
5W30 and I would run Maxlife or some other high mileage oil.

That seems like a good choice.

thank you all. its 2.2 lt 4 cylinder. based on recommendations, i have mobil 1 synthetic high mileage 5w30 with synthetic oil filter. i may switch to 10w30 next time.

Last edited:
I had a 99 v6 good reliable car. If you have the infamous sludger v6 then stick to reasonable intervals make sure the PCV valve is good and if it isn't using any oil then HM oil may or may not be necessary, don't believe it will hurt either way. My vote for HM would be Mobil 10/30HM.

I have the same 1mz-V6 in out 03 highlander and I feed it PP 10W/30.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hey SR5 Warren Oil 10w30 had a NOACK of 7.9% tested recently by PQIA. That was quite good as well.

Hey BBhero, always great to hear from you.
That Warren at 7.9% is better than good......it's excellent !!

Originally Posted By: hakan
thank you all. its 2.2 lt 4 cylinder. based on recommendations, i have mobil 1 synthetic high mileage 5w30 with synthetic oil filter. i may switch to 10w30 next time.

Hakan, excellent choice, and btw, Welcome to Bitog.

Yeah SR5 I was impressed as well. Always good to see you on here. I hope that you and your family have been doing good.

PimTac I think you are spot on with your analysis here.

Demarpaint evidently I ain't cool enough to agree with
smile.gif
I thought I was a part of the "cool" kids club. Evidently I was wrong on that. Hope you are doing good and kicking rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back