'97 Buick ATF Sluggish when Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom's '97 Buick LeSabre with 112,000 miles has started to act a little funny when I first crank it up and start to back out of garage. Sometimes when I put it in reverse nothing happens. If I give it a few seconds, everything starts working properly. It only happens when it has been sitting for a week or so. She doesn't drive and I try and take her car out a couple times a month. Any ideas?

How long since the last fluid exchange? Figure you checked it, but is the level good?

Could just be that the fluid pools at the lowest point and it takes a moment for the pumps to get it where it needs to be.

Sounds like Torque Converter Drain-Back. The Cooler fitting that sits Vertical in the trans case has a Check Valve built in it to prevent Converter drain-back.
GM part# 24202550.

I've replaced a TON of them for this complaint.

Only about 10K on Amsoil ATF. Fluid level is fine. Clinebarger may be onto something.

That's the same thing the Ram in my sig does-have to let it idle in neutral for 10-15 seconds before it'll move. GM vehicles can idle in Park & the converter will refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back