95% sure terrible idea

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
at this point with all the flushing the transmission is basically spotless. Fluid out is barely a tint darker than new atf. I currently have two quarts of type f and am going to start by pumping one out and pouring one in. I have not considered dextron 6 in reference to wyr. Is it a good thing to look at for this application?

I'd probably try a quart of the Type-F and see what happens.

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
I have added a quart of type f, awaiting to drive tomorrow.

thumbsup2.gif

Try some lubegard red with some fresh fluid. Let it work its magic for about 300miles.

It made the shift flare 2-3 in our 2010 v6 santa fe disappear totally.

It has been 100,000kms since....and not returned.
I did 3 drain and fills with LG since the initial treatment.

Its really is great stuff. Keeps your trans shift solonoids clean and smooth.

Can you drive around the slip? I drove a 95 accord with a bad 2-3 slip from 193,000 miles to 386,000.

I would be [censored] about wasting all that money on trans fluid.
Now this I love...you drove almost 200,000 miles on a bad transmission. Talk about getting your money’s worth. I love hearing when people eke out every last drop and make the machine go further than anyone thought it could. That’s pretty cool.

most newer transmissions are clutch to clutch. if the lower gear does not release in time, the transmission is in two gears at the same time, and it explodes. Often in a spectacular fashion.

I would not try it. Try lubeguard.

Rod

Where's the diagnostics on these brands? The computer knows relative speeds of the engine, input, and output. On the Allisons I worked on any "tie-up test" that failed (significant clutch overlap) put you in a safe state and generated a diagnostic P-code.

Oh man talk about an old revival. What ended up happening with that car is after the type f addition I went on a road trip to Kansas city. Up until the drive back everything was doing alright. Not completely eliminated but definitely less flair. On the drive home there was some generally wonky shifting behavior, as to whether or not that was due to the type F, I have no idea . When I got back home I immediately performed a cooler line exchange with ATF+4 if I recall correctly. Things were magically better but I wasn't totally with peace of mind so I sold the car and got a Tiburon with a manual.

If you add type F you won’t notice 1 qt. 2 is the minimum to notice it and it is only noticed slightly. My go to is 1.5 qt of high and low (3 qts ) viscosity to get the viscosity to be close to the Redline D6 I use. My wife’s RAV4 is humming alone fine and towing a camper. Daughters Honda Civic is still running with her previous slipping trans, on normality speced ATF, is still going strong on 50% type F fluid.

Back