94 Mercury Cougar Programming Connector

I cannot find the connector to add keyfobs. I have completely removed the liner from the trunk and exposed all wiring. There is no connector. Someone had a similar problem in another thread but had no resolution.

Seen here

I also took a picture of where it should be. Any ideas? It is nowhere in the trunk, I removed everything.

Attachments

• 83B45C03-8A87-460A-BB91-7CD7B3DD634A.jpeg
    83B45C03-8A87-460A-BB91-7CD7B3DD634A.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 44
Do you have the keypad above the drivers side exterior door handle? From what I remember the keypad number is on the rear trunk hinge, kinda hidden, it should be 5 numbers long.

If you dont have the external keypad, and cant find the connect in the left rear quarter panel area, it appears a 90's cougar will not have remote keyless entry either.

Do you have the keypad above the drivers side exterior door handle? From what I remember the keypad number is on the rear trunk hinge, kinda hidden, it should be 5 numbers long.

If you dont have the external keypad, and cant find the connect in the left rear quarter panel area, it appears a 90's cougar will not have remote keyless entry either.
No keypad. The problem is, I currently do have remote keyless entry. It works. I’m just trying to add an additional key fob.

There are programming instructions online you might try. However, when reading thru them there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the procedure.

No keypad. The problem is, I currently do have remote keyless entry. It works. I’m just trying to add an additional key fob.
is this a factory remote keyless entry, with a factory ford remote?

The location of the module is behind the LEFT quarter panel (C455, C456, C457) about half way up the the left side wheel well behind the panels.
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 6.12.43 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 6.22.24 AM.jpg

you have to jump 2 wire pins with paper clip on the program connector. The program sequence is this:

1. Turn ignition to RUN or ACC.

2. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in left rear quarter panel area (Connector will not be plugged into anything, it will have two pins inside it, if you have to unlug it you have the WRONG one. Not all vehicles are set up from factory for keyless remotes) All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode.

3. Press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

4. If programming a second keyless remote, press any button on second keyless remote.
Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.

5. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

the factory key fob and module look like this:
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 6.09.05 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 6.10.51 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 6.17.19 AM.jpg

Keyless entry was a option in 1994 for a cool $215... On the 89-95 cougar/thunderbird vehicles, the remote keyless entry came with the factory keypad on the drivers side exterior door, 1996 and 1997 DID NOT have the keypad. IF you do not have the exterior keypad on a 89-95 vehicle you did not have factory remote keyless entry as they came packaged together, and again the location of said RKE box is just ahead of the fuel pump cutoff switch behind the carpet on the left side of the trunk..

The Factory remote FCC ID is: GQ43VT4T p/n: F5DZ-15K601-B 🙏

Back