707hp H-Crate Engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
$19,530 + $2,195 for the engine kit.

I saw that Honda released the Civic Type-R (the 2.0 Turbo) engine as a crate motor too! Way cheaper at $6,519.87 (not sure if it includes the ECU and accessories though). Shouldn't be too tough to put in my Element...

https://jalopnik.com/honda-has-a-306-hp-crate-engine-from-the-civic-type-r-i-1819975856

Apparently Honda has only released it for Grass Roots racing bodies and not the general public however.

The Honda mill comes out at $21.31/HP, whilst the HellCat engine is $27.62/HP, so the Honda is more HP for your dollar but of course comes in at less than 50% of the power of the HellCat mill and I would assume a much lower power ceiling.

That engine needs to go in a boat.

Viper V10 already made it, and the ZR-1 engine (in an outboard no less!), so why not this?

Actually, I think BrocLuno has the Ilmor marinized Viper V10 in a boat.

We need a Hellcat powered freezer because then we can say that H-e-l-l froze over.
lol.gif

I'd so love to stuff a Hellcrate into my 1966 Polara. Anybody got around 30 grand (guesstimating) I can have? :)

So far I haven't seen any info on what is provided versus what is "left to the user" in the way of the coolant loop for the intercoolers. Still easier than an air-to-air, I'm sure, but lots of bits to get right- pumps, hoses, wiring, heat exchangers.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
I'd so love to stuff a Hellcrate into my 1966 Polara. Anybody got around 30 grand (guesstimating) I can have? :)

So far I haven't seen any info on what is provided versus what is "left to the user" in the way of the coolant loop for the intercoolers. Still easier than an air-to-air, I'm sure, but lots of bits to get right- pumps, hoses, wiring, heat exchangers.

I'd love to shove it into an 1986 Dodge Caravan and then smoke people that don't suspect it.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
That engine needs to go in a boat.

Viper V10 already made it, and the ZR-1 engine (in an outboard no less!), so why not this?

Actually, I think BrocLuno has the Ilmor marinized Viper V10 in a boat.

Comes from the factory in a boat, a 4493 pound Hellcat
27.gif

Originally Posted By: funflyer

Comes from the factory in a boat, a 4493 pound Hellcat
27.gif

Uh yeah, with that many ponies hitting the ground through the wheels you want it a bit heavy to keep traction. It's like a fat-kid in snow. Lots of traction.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back