6.0 Silverado HD Health Check

What data or proof do you all have that the HPL oil is better at cleaning than the HPL Engine Cleaner?
Yeah, in the HPL-created sticky’s for each product line, David talks about the EC being a “kinder, gentler” first-pass cleaner to soften and gently begin to dissolve varnish, sludge, and buildup as to not overwhelm the filter and cause that junk to circulate unimpeded.

Then, after 1-2 rounds of Engine Cleaner, the slightly different but more powerful action of the “regular” engine oils will then continue to remove the more difficult deposits. Not saying your approach was “wrong” by any means, but if you’ve already done some full runs of the engine oil, save your remaining EC for other engines. Good on you for taking care of an older workhorse though! 👍🏻

Yeah, in the HPL-created sticky’s for each product line, David talks about the EC being a “kinder, gentler” first-pass cleaner to soften and gently begin to dissolve varnish, sludge, and buildup as to not overwhelm the filter and cause that junk to circulate unimpeded.

Then, after 1-2 rounds of Engine Cleaner, the slightly different but more powerful action of the “regular” engine oils will then continue to remove the more difficult deposits. Not saying your approach was “wrong” by any means, but if you’ve already done some full runs of the engine oil, save your remaining EC for other engines. Good on you for taking care of an older workhorse though! 👍🏻
Ok!! Thanks. I didn't know that. The truck had already had 2 OCI's with SuperCar and then 3 with No VII before it got it's first dose of EC.

I'm mostly running the EC in my Honda. She had some varnish from 10k OCI's I need to take care of.

Back