5w-30 QSUD 2006 Range rover 6,000 OCI

These engines don't call for a Euro spec oil? Surprised at the usage of QSUD, it's an energy conserving, US API spec oil.

These engines don't call for a Euro spec oil? Surprised at the usage of QSUD, it's an energy conserving, US API spec oil.
Their exact oil spec for areas outside of NA is WSS - M2C913-B, which is tough to cross reference, probably due to age, but I believe correlates roughly with ACEA A1, and besides that for alternatives they say API SL and SM are acceptable, as well as ACEA a1/a3. For north America, and what is in the manuals, API SL, ILSCA GF3/GF4. The BMW v-8s used ACEA A3/B4, but the Jaguar engines allow the thinner 5w-30s.

I've been using QSUD Euro 5w40. Cheapest Euro oil out there usually. I use this in my E55, L320 Range Rover Sport HSE, Range Rover SC 4.2.

You are right that there are not many UOA for these cars, perhaps can change that.

I've been using QSUD Euro 5w40. Cheapest Euro oil out there usually. I use this in my E55, L320 Range Rover Sport HSE, Range Rover SC 4.2.

You are right that there are not many UOA for these cars, perhaps can change that.

That QS 5w-40 is the oil I have in mind to try. I like porsche A40. What I think I will do is test the next oil change sample, where there was much less towing and it hasn't gotten close to 0 degrees yet, and see the wear metals. If they are still high, I will try 5w-40. I would like to check the oil pressure to back up such findings too. While on the topic of range rovers, I could pm you sometime and we can discuss the alternative fluids we have found for our beasts? I just found a P/S fluid that lists meets or exceeds the OEM ZF spec for power steering fluid, and i've tried something new in the transfer case as well

That QS 5w-40 is the oil I have in mind to try. I like porsche A40. What I think I will do is test the next oil change sample, where there was much less towing and it hasn't gotten close to 0 degrees yet, and see the wear metals. If they are still high, I will try 5w-40. I would like to check the oil pressure to back up such findings too. While on the topic of range rovers, I could pm you sometime and we can discuss the alternative fluids we have found for our beasts? I just found a P/S fluid that lists meets or exceeds the OEM ZF spec for power steering fluid, and i've tried something new in the transfer case as well
There are tons of options in terms of fluids for these vehicles. Don't let the 'Land Rover' specific fluid fool you.

Transfer Case - Magna Styer DD295 - you only need Shell TF 0753 fluid - I've always used Royal Purple Synchromax
Diff - Generic Diff fluid
Trans - You have a Zf6hp26 - Any fluid that meets or is similar to ZF lifeguard

etc, etc - you catch my drift

Lifeguard 6 is extremely expensive in North America, about 20 bucks a liter.
Otherwise, I would consider running it in my Lincoln as the Ford 6R80 is a license built ZF 6 speed.

Lifeguard 6 is extremely expensive in North America, about 20 bucks a liter.
Otherwise, I would consider running it in my Lincoln as the Ford 6R80 is a license built ZF 6 speed.
It really is!

I've run Liquimoly ATF 1800 many many times, I know lots of guys do. It's not 'approved' but LM says it meets/exceeds that spec. I recently had my trans rebuilt in mine (ZF6hp28), my builder stands by Amsoil OE ATF Fuel Efficient (Blue Label). You really need a fluid that can meet the Shell M.1375.4 spec, in my opinion.

I know lots of Jaguar/LR guys have run the Ford fluid and there are some other Valvoline fluids that people have run too.

There are tons of options in terms of fluids for these vehicles. Don't let the 'Land Rover' specific fluid fool you.

Transfer Case - Magna Styer DD295 - you only need Shell TF 0753 fluid - I've always used Royal Purple Synchromax
Diff - Generic Diff fluid

etc, etc - you catch my drift
It doesn't fool me, it just leads me on a goose chase across the internet to understand what sort of fluid they were specifying exactly, and that's how I came across bitog in the first place. The hard part is deciding to take the plunge with the really boutique providers of fluids, because they are never officially approved. I feel a little bit better when it's a bigger company offering a product at least, like fuchs and liquid moly, and my power steering fluid that says it meets or exceeds the zf p/s spec is actually mobil 1 full synthetic atf (not the lv version)

It really is!

I've run Liquimoly ATF 1800 many many times, I know lots of guys do. It's not 'approved' but LM says it meets/exceeds that spec. I recently had my trans rebuilt in mine (ZF6hp28), my builder stands by Amsoil OE ATF Fuel Efficient (Blue Label). You really need a fluid that can meet the Shell M.1375.4 spec, in my opinion.

I know lots of Jaguar/LR guys have run the Ford fluid and there are some other Valvoline fluids that people have run too.
ATF 1800 for power steering and transmission. Otherwise I just use the Redline recommended items. Sometimes amsoil, those packs are niiice.

It really is!

That's quite a bit less on fcpeuro than the Lifeguard stuff, it's $8.69 a liter, which is a little more than a quart of course. I'm personally running Valvoline Maxlife in my 6R80 but would consider other fluids. I want to say the 4 quart botlle of Maxlife at Walmart is in the upper $20s these days so the ATF1800 is not so much more that it couldn't be considered.

Has Mercon LV approval, which Maxlife does not.

Back