4 LA County Sheriffs commit suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would drive it? Regularly seeing and experiencing things the vast majority of the population would maybe see once or twice in their lifetime, if that. It takes it's toll over time, and also affects personal lives away from the job that exacerbates it. It isn't hard to figure out, whatever specifically happened in these officers lives are frankly none of our business, unless of course there is behavior behind it criminal in nature, but that is unlikely.

Interesting they separated Stevenson's Ranch and Valencia in the narrative. Both are Santa Clarita, which is how they normally refer to anything in Newhall/Saugus/Valencia/etc.

I would not be suprised if a connection is discovered. Four is a bit too much of a coincidence. Picking two names for essentially the same place indicates to me somebody might know something.

Drank Kool-Aid from the same cup? I'm sure they'll get down to the bottom of it.

Last edited:
What would drive 4 at one time, time will tell. RIP.
There's a documentary on YouTube about small town police departments. It highly one from eastern Colorado and one in Nebraska. One of the officers said that when he joined 20 plus years ago there were something like 900 spots open and 2000 applicants. Now it's 2000 spots open and 900 applicants. I think police officers are getting burned out as many departments are "good ole boys" departments and have issues meaning the ones that are there for a reason vs a paycheck.

Anybody remember Chris Dorner? Dude went the wrong way on a one way street. Shady organizations can’t make an omelette without cracking a few eggs if you catch my drift.

This is the "silly season" to quote the cops who did the investigation at my parent's place when Dad suicided Nov 30 10 years ago this year.

A lady who brought a casserole on the Saturday when people were visiting Mum had to duck off to spend time with another friend whose husband had suicided the same day. That same weekend, one of my brother's workers Dads was stringing Christmas lights on his verandah, and was found by his wife hanging from the cords which had wrapped around his neck...she cut him down and he woke up a day later in hospital.

The Cops called the next three months the silly season...men predominantly leading up to, and post Christmas.

Maybe there's a wendigo...

This is the "silly season" to quote the cops who did the investigation at my parent's place when Dad suicided Nov 30 10 years ago this year.

A lady who brought a casserole on the Saturday when people were visiting Mum had to duck off to spend time with another friend whose husband had suicided the same day. That same weekend, one of my brother's workers Dads was stringing Christmas lights on his verandah, and was found by his wife hanging from the cords which had wrapped around his neck...she cut him down and he woke up a day later in hospital.

The Cops called the next three months the silly season...men predominantly leading up to, and post Christmas.

Maybe there's a wendigo...
This made me look up my old friend/roommate who hung himself in our apartment. I thought it might have been November but apparently it was late August of 2015. Crazy how fast time flies now. He used an extension cord and I had to cut him down but he was very much dead by the time I arrived and found him.
The detective lady had to leave "to go to a very similar situation".
I sure couldn't be a cop. One up close suicide was more than enough for me.

This is the most accurate summation of what these people's families will be going through...if you ever contemplate it...DON'T

This made me look up my old friend/roommate who hung himself in our apartment. I thought it might have been November but apparently it was late August of 2015. Crazy how fast time flies now. He used an extension cord and I had to cut him down but he was very much dead by the time I arrived and found him.
The detective lady had to leave "to go to a very similar situation".
I sure couldn't be a cop. One up close suicide was more than enough for me.
You get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back