3RZ 235k miles Rotella 5W-40 5k interval

Why not run it 10-12k? Super strong tbn (older report), wear is down and no shearing? Also no oil added. It’s ripe to double your OCI.

Why not run it 10-12k? Super strong tbn (older report), wear is down and no shearing? Also no oil added. It’s ripe to double your OCI.

I think I will start sneaking up on 10k and see how it does. I run a jumbo oil filter and have been shooting for oil changes on the 7.5k and filters on the 15k. But it might make sense to up that to 10k and 20k?

I think I will start sneaking up on 10k and see how it does. I run a jumbo oil filter and have been shooting for oil changes on the 7.5k and filters on the 15k. But it might make sense to up that to 10k and 20k?

Do a full send to 10k and let’s see how she looks. 👍🏼

Cranked it up to 7500 miles. Wear metals look better than ever. I'm still amazed that nearing 300k this thing doesn't use a drop of oil

svDCML0.png

Changed the oil just before 300k. Things are looking pretty good!

y9qc8jO.png

Run it longer already. Go 10k. Engine is healthy and clean. Your driving style and conditions are perfect to extend the OCIs for the enjoyment of the Bob community. 🫡👍🏼

Oh and this engine deserves a New 300k mile thread. This one is way too old.

Run it longer already. Go 10k. Engine is healthy and clean. Your driving style and conditions are perfect to extend the OCIs for the enjoyment of the Bob community. 🫡👍🏼

Oh and this engine deserves a New 300k mile thread. This one is way too old.

I don't put tons of miles on this vehicle so I'd rather still change it in the 5k-ish range, even if I keep the filter on for 10k. Just doesn't feel right not touching it at least once a year.

Back