3M Wrap????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gebo
Well, this car purchase didn't work out as the CarFax showed it had 241k miles in November ‘18 and it now shows 128k. She hasn't responded to my last text. Looks like she was attempting to con me.

Or she's an idiot trying to sell her aging father's car for him because he's old and has dementia and clearly cannot drive any longer... Could have had a replacement instrument cluster installed, but not programmed to the current miles at the time of installation. Not uncommon, but certainly MUST be disclosed.

Probably no way to know for sure...

241,000 kilometers = 149,900 miles in November 2018

Currently showing 128,700 miles.

They changed the cluster as she has the old one.

Had, still have, 3M wrap on the 06. OMG, it faded yellow after 3 years. I had to literally soak the hood and part of the front in gasoline and then take a stiff rubber squeegee and scrap it off. Ruined the paint below it. The rest of the film on the lower half of the front, I just left on. I comes off, or scrubs off easier on metal, that it does on plastic. Not worth it and I will never do that again.

Originally Posted by Pew
If you take the clear bra off, you can tell the difference in paint quality between what was covered and not if the car was exposed to UV long enough. Other than that, it's just a nice protective film.

I have taken film off after 6 years, and had no visible line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back