3000GT

I'm not one for FWD, but I really like those cars. One of the best features was the all wheel steering; back when Mitsubishi was ahead of its time and really innovative.

That can be said for most classic cars though.
true, guess I don't consider the 3000GT a classic. I absolutely loved them when they came out, but the interior is so 90s and that is not a good thing. The exterior is no longer as appealing either. 60's Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, various Dodges, etc. are still as awesome looking today as they were when they were new. About the only modern (my definition is after 1980) cars that really appeal to me are the 1990ish 300zx and the 2005-2009 Mustang GT.

The VR-4 model was twin turbo,all wheel drive,and 4 wheel steering. Standard transmission shifted like a dream. These cars were built like a tank. Super solid!!

Legit AMAZING cars, but maintenance was a nightmare. Still, it performs well even today.

Maintenance was more than just a nightmare, I had a couple friends with these back in the late 90s/early 2000s and they couldn't keep them on the road for more than a couple days at a time. Parts were expensive and hard to get as well. The transmission and transfer case on the all wheel drive ones were made of glass and broke under even mild use. I can't even image trying to get parts for these today which is probably why you never see them anymore.

Maintenance was more than just a nightmare, I had a couple friends with these back in the late 90s/early 2000s and they couldn't keep them on the road for more than a couple days at a time. Parts were expensive and hard to get as well. The transmission and transfer case on the all wheel drive ones were made of glass and broke under even mild use. I can't even image trying to get parts for these today which is probably why you never see them anymore.
The problem is that they aged and became affordable to young drivers,and they ended up beating the life out of these cars. Aftermarket parts support is everywhere,just like with my 300ZX. The only examples of these cars I see anymore unfortunately are the ones that look like they’ve been covered with flea market mods and body kits.

Nice car, for sure. Where has it been? I'm in agreement that that's somewhere in the $teensK. I just don't think there's some secret demand for something like this.

I had friends who modded them and tracked them. Yes. They broke. A lot. Still an amazing car.

Back