2024 Altima S vs 2024 Malibu LS

Gen7 was the last best Malibu, still cruising in our 08 LTZ, 3.6 VVT with 85K on the clock and runs as good as the day we bought it. 🍻
View attachment 213318

Minus the genius headlight design that requires the entire front fascia AND the headlight assembly be removed before any of the bulbs can be serviced. I despised doing those jobs at work. Getting the bumper to line back up on reassembly SUCKED!

So far I've only had to change out the lower driving light bulbs, easy to get to thru the wheel wells, lots of YT videos on changing the headlights without having to pull the whole front end off, we'll see. ;)

I don't think you can go wrong with either, I've rented both and liked both. I really liked the 2.0T in the Malibu, but it's no longer available and you're looking at base models anyway so that's a moot point.

I'd drive both and if you like both, see which one you can work a better deal on.

Is the performance difference significant with the 1.5t in the malibu vs equinox?
thats a tough question to answer , the 1.5 in the equinox is rated higher hp and tq, but does not feel any more powerfull than the malibu , it does rev higer all around more than the malibu, but i believe thats from programing , as i feel gm does not want that engine lugging for fear of lspi issues , the 2021 malibu had the cvt and that , as a nature of the beast reved higher than my 2016 with the 6 speed , the 2016 was , and will probly be theeee , best vehicle i ever owned , i swear it was a little rocket on wheels , not sure if i got an extrordinarily good one on power or what , but that motor had very good tq at low rpm , and would just flat out pull , and if it didnt ,it would drop a gear and be gone
the nox is satisfactory on power , i do miss the malibu , but im very close to be going in for a lumbar fusion , and the nox is just easier to get in and out of

Minus the genius headlight design that requires the entire front fascia AND the headlight assembly be removed before any of the bulbs can be serviced. I despised doing those jobs at work. Getting the bumper to line back up on reassembly SUCKED!

Haha, I was about to mention this. My Bolt is the same way. You have to remove the whole front end to get to the bulbs. Hope they last forever!

Pretty sure the Malibu is going away after this model year, or at least in its current barebones configuration. Not sure of the Altima's future.

On a side note, I'm surprised to read the support for the Malibu. I thought the Altima would be a runaway winner being as the Chevy hasn't been significantly updated in 9 years.
2024 is the last model year for the Altima as well. Nissan is not redesigning it for the next model year. Maxima is gone as well...I think, last year.

Back