2023 Jetta?

Looks like non hybrid might do 41 highway. Guessing hybrid would more likely net me mid 40’s, but I could see myself getting just under 40 in non hybrid.

The shopping is the hard part. I should have spent my vacation flying somewhere I guess.
On a trip to KY I got 46 mpg highway in my 21 Jetta 1.4, that was cruising at 70-75 on premium gas. Really no point in a hybrid with that kind of mileage. My results were not at all unusual.

I should add this is both my first VW and a little 4 cylinder with a turbo, what grade fuel do you guys run? do you stick to 93

I should add this is both my first VW and a little 4 cylinder with a turbo, what grade fuel do you guys run? do you stick to 93
See what your manual says for the 1.5, but the 2.0 allows 87 with a performance hit due to retarding timing. I run 91 which is the highest economical grade I can get.

Can Torq or SGII monitor timing, and watch for when it pulls?

Usually, if you are driving for mpg, you don't need the octane. Usually. Proof is in the pudding. But if you like to drive spiritedly it may like the better grade.

Reactions: SA1
Back