2022 Yamaha F250 amsoil or yamalube????

Hey guys.

I have a pair of 2022 model yamaha outboard F250 4 stroke engines with around 200 hours

Have been running the OEM yamalube but debating on switching to 10w30 amsoil marine oil full synthetic oil

Not concerned I’m Warrenty as amsoil meets or exceeds specs, but I’m curious if the synthetic amsoil is better???

Anyone had any testing done???? Compared results?

I have switched to amsoil on all my cars/trucks etc

Thanks bobs members

Attachments

• IMG_6554.jpeg
    IMG_6554.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 19
Use the Amsoil only if your certain your engines’ rings have fully seated. Have you been checking to ensure that they aren’t “making oil”? If they are then stick with Yamalube. I realize you aren’t worried about warranty but don’t ever give the manufacturer a reason to consider voiding the warranty. Powerheads are still expensive.

I'm confident that Amsoil is good stuff, but are you sure it meets your warranty requirement? I'm guessing that Yamaha requires a certain certification on the oil, and that Amsoil probably says their oil "meets or exceeds", but is it actually certified? Just something to check into.

Amsoil is very good oil. But so are many other oils at Walmart. And other places.

But with most pleasure boats you will only change the oil once a year in the fall. Cost is not a huge issue.

Back