2022 Suburban 0 to 60 mph. 6.2 gas vs 3.0 Turbodiesel

I thought I’d post these two screen shots. The 420 HP V-8 does 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds. The 277 HP Turbo diesel is not far behind at 7.7 seconds. The torque is an amazing 460 ft lbs. The EPA combined gas mileage rating is 16 mpg for the 6.2 gas and 22 mpg for the 3.0 diesel.
Enjoy.

F128EAB9-DB18-426F-B41B-97E9FDBB1F4B.png
0A3DA10E-1C3C-42C8-974E-F3900FC20A6B.png

Last edited:
My 6.2L 2021 escalade is pretty zippy but i still like the 6.0 in my old xl denali more. I had zero desire for the diesel escalade, the engine looks like it's gonna be a turd later on.

Not when diesel is $7 a gallon, the initial purchase price is higher, and the maintenance of the complex emissions systems make them more expensive to own long term.

I love diesel engines, but modern diesels have lost any advantage in passenger vehicles.
Do people think about those costs when buying a vehicle that would bolster their self image?

Last edited:
Not when diesel is $7 a gallon, the initial purchase price is higher, and the maintenance of the complex emissions systems make them more expensive to own long term.

I love diesel engines, but modern diesels have lost any advantage in passenger vehicles.
Exact reason why i disregarded the diesel version of the escalade and went for the gas. It's not worth it and any meager amount of money you do eventually save after breaking even gets swirled down the toilet with diesel repairs especially with that dpf crap. My wife would hate having to bother to put def in it and would ignore it. The 6.2L aint a tank like the old 6.0 but these aren't bad either. But really any modern diesel that isnt being regularly used to tow beyond 15000lb is just a waste of time. Probably why ford came out with the 7.3gas and Cummins is coming out with a gasoline 6.7.

What's the premium to upgrade to the diesel? I also fear modern diesels have become so complicated that they aren't the bulletproof choice they used to be.
Only $1,000 upgrade over the 5.3l.

The diesel is $3k cheaper than the 6.2l on the RST package. $1.5k cheaper on Premier.

The 6.2l is $3-4k more than the 5.3l.

Exact reason why i disregarded the diesel version of the escalade and went for the gas. It's not worth it and any meager amount of money you do eventually save after breaking even gets swirled down the toilet with diesel repairs especially with that dpf crap. My wife would hate having to bother to put def in it and would ignore it. The 6.2L aint a tank like the old 6.0 but these aren't bad either. But really any modern diesel that isnt being regularly used to tow beyond 15000lb is just a waste of time. Probably why ford came out with the 7.3gas and Cummins is coming out with a gasoline 6.7.
When we replaced the Wife's 2002 Powerstroke pick up I chose the 6.2 gas for all the reasons you posted. I think I did good on that issue.

When we replaced the Wife's 2002 Powerstroke pick up I chose the 6.2 gas for all the reasons you posted. I think I did good on that issue.
i used to have a 1995 7.5l gas f350 manual 2wd which made 250hp and 390 torque and i towed 9000lb with no issue. And if the load was below 5000lb I would almost forget i even had a trailer behind me on the highway. The 6.2 makes 380hp and 430lb ft which is a step up. My front door neighbor has a 6.7 f250 to tow a little 2000lb small boat once a year and to drive to his office job daily. A 3.3L f150 would've done just fine.

The Wife is really happy with the F350 and the gas engine .Towing the horse trailer loaded the truck gets 8 or 9 mpgs and the 7.3 would get up to 13 to14 mpgs.

If I drive my little v6 sedan as calmly as I drive my truck, which takes much restraint, it will return 23 mpg average. If I drive it where it comfortably accelerates, it’s an average of 20. If I dig into it, my tank average goes below 20 quickly. Only a few of aggressive launches are needed to prevent a tank from getting a good average, with a 3.5 v6. i can’t imagine a few hard launches with a 6.2. Especially at todays prices.

If you’re doing max performance takeoffs in that suburban turbodiediesel, there’s no way you’re gonna be close to 22 miles per gallon.

I thought I’d post these two screen shots. The 420 HP V-8 does 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds. The 277 HP Turbo diesel is not far behind at 7.7 seconds. The torque is an amazing 460 ft lbs. The EPA combined gas mileage rating is 16 mpg for the 6.2 gas and 22 mpg for the 3.0 diesel.
Enjoy.

View attachment 104048View attachment 104049
What's the premium to upgrade to the diesel? I also fear modern diesels have become so complicated that they aren't the bulletproof choice they used to be.

Now factor in higher cost of diesel fuel and I call a loss.

My brother is getting the diesel to tow his trailer. Pretty decent setup to haul kids, gear, and dogs plus the trailer.

Back