2022 Corolla Cross HPL PP 0W8 20,080 Mile OCI

It's hard to really say. In Amsoil's defense, they do give you some valuable proof of performance testing as I mention quite frequently. I personally value that. I feel Amsoil is somewhere between Mobil 1 and HPL. Mobil 1 is the rules based approved lubricant using the latest chemistry. Amsoil still has a SA of 1.03 (was 1.06) and HPL is the rogue renegade doing things they feel is best despite any regulatory hurdle.

If you've noticed, Amsoil has changed their "one size fits all" approach as they now offer a complete Euro line, HM line, and Hybrid oils. This is a deviation from the old school approach they used to follow.

Amsoil also has an in-house testing facility which is highly valuable.

So all in all, its hard to really say.

The thing I like best about this thread…the guy drives a lot, and he’s not afraid to test equipment to its limits. I love that stuff (and because he drives so much we don’t have to wait long to witness the results).

The thing I like best about this thread…the guy drives a lot, and he’s not afraid to test equipment to its limits. I love that stuff (and because he drives so much we don’t have to wait long to witness the results).
Thank you. Intelligent, cordial discussion on both things technical and pedestrian are a welcome sight.

Back