2019 Toyota Highlander 3.5 V6 2GR-FKS, 24.3k mi; Amsoil XL 0W20, 6.4k mi

I may look at running 5W30 when the power train warranty expires. I don’t want to wander too far from the Toyota requirements until then. I appreciate all of the feedback!
I was trying to post my latest UOA but, ran into problems. Try again later.

Last edited:

This is my latest UOA. This is a 1 year, 8065 mile OCI with Amsoil SS 0W20. This vehicle still see's a lot of short trips.

UOA.jpg

4PPM Copper in over 6K miles is not even noteworthy IMO. It's within the margin of error. Do more analysis to monitor for a trend if you are concerned.

Overall good report. I bet the SS will hold viscosity a little better.

Edit: latest report was not there when I made this post, and SS came out at 8.9, may have actually thickened a little. Common on boutique oils meant for extended OCI. TBN 4.43, could have run it longer. Copper the same.

4PPM Copper in over 6K miles is not even noteworthy IMO. It's within the margin of error. Do more analysis to monitor for a trend if you are concerned.

Overall good report. I bet the SS will hold viscosity a little better.

Edit: latest report was not there when I made this post, and SS came out at 8.9, may have actually thickened a little. Common on boutique oils meant for extended OCI. TBN 4.43, could have run it longer. Copper the same.
Iirc, this SS Amsoil is 8.9 starting virgin. So, it appears to not have begun thickening even at 1 year despite short trips.

Back