2018 AMG G43 Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Nice, but it's a GLC43 AMG isn't it? I thought it was a G wagon at first, but that's only a G63 in an AMG.

Did you get the lighting package?

You might be able to retrofit the lighted star, I think other people have done it on other models. Not really sure it's worth it though.
It is the AMG version of the GLC 300 Coupe. I did get the lighting package; the LED headlights are amazing. Picked it up in Salt Lake City last night and am on the way back to Houston. Awesome to drive.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
Ok what kind of oil will you use? Will you be able to change it yourself or will the changes come from the dealer?
I will start with Pennzoil Euro 0W-40 (which meets MB 229.5) and an MB filter. I have been clearing out the WMs I see on the way from SLC to Houston. One WM had three 5 quart jugs for $8.00 each. I plan to do them myself and save a few dollars, but will fully document to preserve the extended warranty.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice. How much was it ?
Thanks. It was more than $1 and less than $100,000.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Congratulations! I love the interior. When you were cross shopping....what made you decide on this one over all those other nice cars?
Many thanks! When I am back at my laptop, I will answer this one in detail.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: mcrn
Congratulations! I love the interior. When you were cross shopping....what made you decide on this one over all those other nice cars?
Many thanks! When I am back at my laptop, I will answer this one in detail.

Nice....it sounds like lots of info!

Nice, but it's a GLC43 AMG isn't it? I thought it was a G wagon at first, but that's only a G63 in an AMG.

Did you get the lighting package?

You might be able to retrofit the lighted star, I think other people have done it on other models. Not really sure it's worth it though.
It is the AMG version of the GLC 300 Coupe. I did get the lighting package; the LED headlights are amazing. Picked it up in Salt Lake City last night and am on the way back to Houston. Awesome to drive.

I like the active curve illumination that I have with my bixenons on my E350. Too bad they got rid of the headlamp washers when they went with LED's. What other option packages did you get? The driver assistance package is also pretty good most people like distronics.

Here a link to MB sales brochures.

http://www.auto-brochures.com/mercedes_benz.html

I checked, it is not possible with the driver assistance package (which I have).

I checked, it is not possible with the driver assistance package (which I have).

Oh yeah, the radar is behind the star. It's better hidden that way. On the E and S class it was just a square block on the grill.

Thanks for all of the kind words. I will post my thoughts about the first 1500 miles soon.

In the meantime, here is a photo I forgot to post:

uXYBZx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back