2017-2019 GLA 250 4-Matic vs BMW X-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HangFire
My wife bought the package compared to dealer service pricing (not DIY), and as a gift for me, a gift of almost 3 years of free time. The dealer pricing comparison is entirely valid because we only use dealer service until the drivetrain warranty runs out. There are other aspects. I will never be in the middle of a "is this really necessary" conversation. If it is maintenance and it is necessary, it is already paid for and will be covered.

Quoting DIY parts prices is kind of pointless to someone who has been doing his own brakes since the 1980's. Once the maintenance package expires, I will start the BMW DIY. The package is already purchased. I am loving the peace of mind as I have 3 other vehicles and other projects to take up my limited time.

As usual BITOG makes someone regret even mentioning something.

I think it's definitely worthwhile if it allows you free time. Regardless of what other people say, peace of mind and free time is absolutely worth something. I DIY stuff on mine and other people's cars because I enjoy it and also save myself money, but 100% understand why other people don't. With my work schedule, even though I like to DIY it has sometimes been tough. Welcome to the BMW dark side, we have cookies.
19.gif
11.gif

I'm sure you and the wife will enjoy the X3 for many miles to come. I certainly am enjoying mine even though my weekly commute is upwards of 800 miles. At least with my oil burner I get about 600 miles' range out of a full tank. I also enjoy the fact that there's a perceptible difference between "comfort" and "sport" modes. Even on the diesel, the switch to sport mode makes quite a difference on throttle input response, shifting points and steering feedback.

It will be receiving its first DIY this weekend: oil & filter change, fuel filter. Next I plan on swapping the RFs for regular Michelins. It should be a jewel to drive then.

Indeed, welcome to the dark side
02.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back