2016 Corolla Strippie plugs @151K

Original Densos out of my grand niece's '16 Corolla strippie.
Replaced with same. Maybe I shoulda left 'em alone?
The ATF is another story. The factory WS was far blacker than any dirty transmission fluid or motor oil I have ever seen.
My niece and her 2 sets of twins are moving from Arlington TX back to CA.
1631550074665.jpg

You sure it has WS? That year has a CVT unless it is the unicorn “L” trim.

Last edited:
You sure it has WS? That year has a CVT unless it is the unicorn “L” trim.
Michael, this is the cheapie L. It has a conventional dipstick (cold, hot, and indent markings) with "WS" embossed on it. All the typical cooler lines, etc.
I was gonna flush, but just did a spill and fill. Will do another in a few days. Refilled with 2.3 quarts of Maxlife...

Jeff 3 D/Fs Is about 95% Transfusion. Kinder and gentler than a flush. BTW, I have 2 nephews re-settling around Austin. One is from LA , t'other married a lady from down there.

Jeff 3 D/Fs Is about 95% Transfusion. Kinder and gentler than a flush. BTW, I have 2 nephews re-settling around Austin. One is from LA , t'other married a lady from down there.
These cars have a fluid return line that make it easy to pump into a drain pan. I was gonna add an extra quart after the D/F and then pump out 2 quarts. Then just replace the last quart and call it good. I have never seen ATF this black.
I didn't have a helper. I might have made a huge mess by myself. So a simple spill and fill made sense.
I will do another in a few days. 3 iterations should do the trick. Then every 25K or so...
Thanks!

Back in 05 when gm was selling pontiac vibes. They had a tsb about dark automatic transmission fluid. It said the clutches were a carbon fiber material and would make the fluid dark. Perhaps part of the color is from carbon fiber clutches? Sounds like part is extended service interval but its a lifetime fluid right? Lol
(When the transmission dies you need a new one with new fluid)

Back