2016 Challenger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got my wife a 2016 Challenger left over. She took it to North Carolina with my daughter and she was getting 25-26 mile to the gallon too and is getting 15-16 around town in it. It's the 6.4 Hemi with a automatic. I am really impressed. 485 hp and that kind of gas mileage.
It's her daily driver and so far she loves it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: MCompact
That's a great car. I looked at Challengers when I was shopping for a new DD/track toy back in 2015.

This has the "super track pack" with the 1/2" lower suspension, optional brake pads, etc. It really handles well for something its size. I would say on par with my wife's 2010 Mustang GT.

How much does your car weigh ?

I think Mustangs are headed more to the Sports car rating, they get smaller, lighter and start putting twin turbo four cylinder engines in them while the Challenger remains a true muscle car. A big car with a big engine. Actually the size of the Challenger appealed to us because we like a big car and have no care about track competitive.
It's big, it's Powerful and it's fun to drive and be bad in.

Sweet!
20.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Are you still going to sell the 00 Mustang GT? I remember you mentioning fixing it up.

Yes, I use it to run around town and haul the dogs.

Actually I misread the question. I'm keeping the Mustang, not selling it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: MCompact
That's a great car. I looked at Challengers when I was shopping for a new DD/track toy back in 2015.

This has the "super track pack" with the 1/2" lower suspension, optional brake pads, etc. It really handles well for something its size. I would say on par with my wife's 2010 Mustang GT.

How much does your car weigh ?

I think they weigh a little over 4,000#.

aaarggg; that shift lever just killed my eyes :-(
Was the interior guy on the vacation when Chrysler decided to put manual transmission in this car?
It says "FU" to the owner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
aaarggg; that shift lever just killed my eyes :-(
Was the interior guy on the vacation when Chrysler decided to put manual transmission in this car?
It says "FU" to the owner.

It's certainly not a work of art, but I don't see anything particularly wrong with it.

Hurst Shifter

I didn't particularly like the shifter either. I didn't really think it was ugly, but it's short and my arm hits my cans of pop in the cup holder when I'm shifting so I ordered this. I did like the leather wrapping on the stock shifter, though.

It is mostly personal preference but BMW, Boxster or Honda usually have classy and understated shift knob/stalk/leather design. There might others too.

The extreme angle of the stalk makes it look like it was installed crookedly BUT the car looks absolutely stunning, must be a blast to drive and suffices to say I am jealous.

Last edited:
The angle looks funny because I parked it in first gear since I live on a hill. My neighbor almost lost a Toyota pickup when he just used the brake and it didn't hold. I'm paranoid now and use first gear + brake.

What luxury. And many here have never experienced the amazing smoothness of a new gen Hemi. They are also amazingly efficient, too.

Wait till you get your Diablosport...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back