2015 Toro Timecutter SS4235 Kawasaki FR600V 20hp

New Here,

Just bought a used 2015 Toro Timecutter SS4235 with the Kawasaki FR600V 20 HP. I was able to look down and see a Kawasaki 49065-0721 oil filter on it. Does anyone know what the specified oil viscosity is recommended for these engines? Sorry in advanced, I am getting mixed results online since they made these Toros will so many engine options.

Check the valve clearance and clean out the engine shroud.

Oil temp depends on how, when and where you use it. That's the main consideration for the oil weight grade choice.

According to the manual SAE 10w-40 is the recommended. Do yall run full synthetic? I heard the Kawasaki is the best motor the Toro has offered. Thoughts on replacing the fuel and air filter?

I use to change the fuel filter about every three years. Air filter annually unless very dusty conditions. Put a iridium plug in it for 5 years or more use. OE plugs are the normal Nickle things. But Iridium make better replacements. Make sure the fuel filter is oriented up and down if you can. If horizontal they can trap air and I found out increase the cranking time when trying to start.

I run Rotella T5 15w40 in my 1998 Kawasaki 501V. My first mow of the season last week and it ran as good as the day I bought it 26 years ago.

IMG_1200.jpeg

The Kawasaki KTech 10W40 oil that is JASO and JASO 2 rated oil. It’s a Synthetic Blend. Most motorcycle and outdoor power equipment dealers stock it. With that being said, any 10W40 motorcycle oil will work. 15W40 Diesel engine oil works well too.
If it says 4 cycle on the label and is a 10w40 it is totally fine.
You certainly don’t want to use 2 cycle oil.

In the manual it just states SAE 10w-40. Would buying Super Tech All Mileage Synthetic Blend Motor Oil SAE 10W-40, 1 Quart be sufficient?

I like the shell 15w-40 oil. The white jug.

Sometimes the Kohler and Kaw twins can evaporate some oil in high ambient conditions using a thinner oil. Buddy has a 25HP exmark with a kohler EFI running a 72in deck, and in my opinion the engine works too hard. It went thru oil quite often. The 15w-40 has solved it for the most part.

Back