2015 Mazda 3 2.0 - Intake Valve Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by spasm3
I used the CRC intake valve cleaner this week on the mazda. Did it before the oil change. I did not use the whole can. Probably 1/2. I think i will do this with every change, hopefully before it gets too much buildup.

Would be interesting to see some pictures after the cleaning.

Originally Posted by wemay
In addition, for the Hyundai/Kia owners out there...

As other manufacturers already have, Hyundai/Kia have now introduced a new engine design for 2020. Called Smart Stream, the 1.6T and 2.5 use GDI in combination with MPI. This might be the only way to mitigate the issue.

I believe you are right about this wemay... Toyota started doing the same exact thing a couple of years ago.

Originally Posted by PimTac
During my brief visit to the service dept this past week I talked to someone who had a 2015 CX5 with a little over 200k. He was very happy with it and it still runs great.

Same with our Santa Fe Sport 2.0T. Still runs great with 208k.

Originally Posted by ARB1977
Originally Posted by spasm3
I used the CRC intake valve cleaner this week on the mazda. Did it before the oil change. I did not use the whole can. Probably 1/2. I think i will do this with every change, hopefully before it gets too much buildup.

Would be interesting to see some pictures after the cleaning.

Not sure how i could without disassembly. I don't know if you could use a bore-scope through the valve body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back